Preparations

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Soris_*

Posted 08 January 2003 - 08:01 PM

Preparations

Soris awoke feeling a gentle pressure on his chest. Two large, round, bright blue orbs peered down at him. A cold wet nose and a raspy tongue flicked across his face.

Wake up, sleepy! You are missing breakfast.

Ughhhh, Eric, just a few more…

I wanted to wake you up earlier, but pink-head and the pretty lady made me eat all my breakfast first.

I’ll bet that was hard for you.
Even in his drowsy state, Soris couldn’t help but feel amused.

Extremely. I offered to bring you yours, but they wouldn’t let me. Pink-head said something about looking ‘shifty’. I am not shifty.

Poor Eric. Looks like someone’s on to your tricks.

Oh yes. I mean, look at me! I’m starving, wasting away, practically nothing. Soon you won’t even know I’m here.

That’ll be the day.

Hey!

Soris grinned and pulled on his clothes. Eric followed him over to the remains of the fire, and Jaheira handed him a bowl of oatmeal. She placed another in front of Eric.

See. Someone knows how to take care of me.

Why don’t you attach yourself to her?

You’re more fun. Besides, it’s very funny to watch you and the pretty lady.
Eric began to giggle, and Soris finished his breakfast.

After he finished eating, they set out, and by noon they arrived at the gates to Athkatla. They all stopped for a break and to plan their remaining moves.

“There is much to do. We should split up. We will accomplish more that way.” As usual, Jaheira spoke for practicality. This time, Soris agreed with her.

“I agree. We ought to speak with the Order and also with the Shadow Thieves to see if they will aid us. We also should replenish our supplies, and I would like to see if that Cromwell can make anything useful out of the stuff we’ve managed to acquire.

Keldorn gave him a disparaging look at the mention of the Shadow Thieves, but he said nothing further. Imoen also agreed with the plan.

“Minsc and Boo agree! Although Minsc’s boot is big, there is ever-so-much evil to kick. More boots are needed to liberally dispense the righteous force of justice!” The mighty ranger was definitely in favor of the plan. Jaheira also nodded her assent.

With the party in agreement, Soris looked to make up groups for the day. Imoen was one step ahead of him. “Fine, Jaheira and I will speak with the Shadow Thieves. I think I owe them a hearty thanks for their kindly assistance in my rescue.” She flashed her brother a big grin.

“Go easy on them. Bodhi’s been pretty rough on their guild. They did what they felt they had to do, and we couldn’t have saved you without them.”

“You would have found a way. I know.” She still smiled, but it was weaker, somehow faded. Soris sighed.

“Besides, once we are done there, Jaheira and I can do some shopping. Maybe I can pick up some more hair dye. What do you think, blue this time?” She flashed Soris her most wicked grin, and he didn’t know what to say.

“Are…are you sure. I mean, I just got used to the pink. Blue? You really want blue?”

“Just kidding, silly. Come on Jaheira.” The two women headed off in the direction of the docks.

“Meet at the planar sphere at twilight,” Soris yelled after the them.

“I will take Minsc and discuss our case before the knights of the Order. I have no doubt that they will give a fair hearing to two noble warriors.”

Minsc beamed at the talk of noble warriors, and Soris could tell that Viconia was grateful not to be saddled with Minsc for the day.

“Are you sure? I mean, I thought you might want to visit your family.”

“Oh yes, Boo would very much like to visit Keldorn’s family. He and Minsc could entertain them with many many stories.”

The old paladin smiled. I’m sure my daughters would love to meet you, and Boo. In fact, I think we would enjoy having all of you join us for dinner. Maria always enjoys company, and she would very much like to meet the group I travel with.

Soris look at him skeptically. “Are you sure?” He didn’t say anything, but he knew that Viconia and Keldorn were not the best of friends.

Keldorn nodded. “Absolutely. Dinner will be ready shortly after twilight.”

“We will see you then.” Soris nodded, and the paladin, ranger, and rodent set off.

That leaves you and me and the pretty lady. This should be fun, and very clever of you I might add.

Why would you think?
Soris tried hard to resist, but he could feel the heat flowing to his face and ears. Viconia smiled at him. “Where to now?”

“The docks. I want to pay a visit to Cromwell.” They shouldered their packs and set off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com