Interludes in Suldenessellar - Chapter 1.4

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_VigaHrolf_*

Posted 25 January 2004 - 08:11 PM

Disclaimers: Strong PG-13 rating for this section: Adult content and situation, nudity present.

With a purposeful step, she crossed the gulf between them. Reaching up with both hands, she grabbed hold of his beard and turned him to face her. Speaking softly but firmly, she said, “Look at me Viga. Please.”

The big ranger dragged his eyes from the ground to meet her eyes. Their gazes locked, the green fire from Jaheira’s eyes lanced out, striving to drive away the darkness that clouded her love’s deep brown. The darkness was not driven off but a little life returned to the warrior’s eyes. Hands held tight in the thick beard hair, she spoke again, in the same tone, the words lightened by warmth. “Viga, in our journeys, you have trusted my judgment, am I right? You trusted in my wisdom and in my insight, correct? I have done nothing to make you question that, right?”

In distant sounding voice, he replied, “Yes, of course, Jaheira, but…”

Jaheira cut him off, the passion in her voice swelling, her volume increasing, “Then listen to my wisdom one more time, my love. Trust in my judgment one more time.” She shook with passion and pulled his face closer, “You are a decent man. A good man and an honorable man. You have a great big heart, you care deeply for your friends and your loved ones. I have seen it, I have seen how you care, how the troubles we have faced and the injustices we have seen have pained you. The shadow that rested in your heart while Imoen was in Irenicus’s clutches. An evil man would not try to right wrongs like you have. An evil man would not have sacrificed as much as you have, would have taken the easy road your power could provide. An evil man’s heart would not be weighed by the thoughts that weigh yours now. You are a good man, Viga. A great one. I know this with unshakable certainty. With faith stronger than Keldorn has in his god. Because I have proof, irrefutable proof.”

Tears trickled down Viga’s face and she could see the light slowly return to his eyes. She felt his hands wrap around her waist and grab a hold like a drowning man clutching a lifeline. His voice cracking with emotion, his words pleading, “Proof? What.. what proof do you have Jaheira?”

Swallowing hard and feeling tears rolling down her cheeks, she looked deep into his eyes and replied, “The proof is that I love you. I couldn’t love an evil man or a weak man. And I love YOU, you scruffy haired, overgrown excuse for a ranger. I do not know what the future may hold, we could all be dead tomorrow for all I know. But I know this; you will not become some dark god, not you. I KNOW this.”

His grip tightened and a glimmer of hope shone through his voice, “But what about my heritage, the prophecies..”

Drawing him closer, she shouted, “Prophecies be damned! Mere words spoken by crazed men that are never fully understood until after the events come to pass. I know you Viga and I love you. And I am telling you that you are no new god of murder.” Her voice lowered, turned softer and huskier, “You are a good man, too good and too strong to fall to such a path. Or do you think my judgment so flawed, my wisdom so lacking that I am wrong about you? The man that I gave my heart to, that I turned my back on the Harpers for?”

Hope swelled, “No.. no Jaheira, I don’t think that. But.. but the prophecies…”

“Who are you going to believe, a man dead and gone or the woman right before you?” she said huskily, pulling him into her, pulling his head down to hers, holding it a mere hairsbreadth away. “Who knows you better, a pile of dust and scribbled words or me?”

Taking in a deep cleansing breath, she could see her words finally registering, finally taking seed. The faint glimmer of light in his eyes grew as he finally began to believe again in what she knew, in what she saw in him. Her faith restored his own and as he exhaled, she could feel the darkness expelled past her. “You Jaheira. You do. You are.. you are right.”

A mischievous smile played on her lips as she replied, “A wise choice my love. You can save yourself much future heartache and trouble by remembering that for the future.”

She saw his eyebrows raise and saw a retort form on his lips. But she was not in the mood to listen to, and cut of his reply before he could even utter it. Pulling his face to hers, she kissed him. Deeply, passionately, lovingly, and totally.

The world fell away from them and all there was each other. Fears, pains, sorrows, and depression melted away in love’s embrace. The sun marched its solitary path through the sky, its rays caressing the pair that found each other deep in the forest, and its heat warming well tanned flesh as the two lovers reminded each other of that love. With its light, darkness was banished from two hearts as they lay together on the floor of the ancient wood.

Much of the sun’s march was complete before either spoke again. They lay together on the forest floor amongst their scattered clothing. One of Viga’s arms was wrapped around Jaheira’s body, pulling her tight to him, and she rested her head on his shoulder. With her legs entwined in his, she rested lightly; her free hand toying with Viga’s beard. A peaceful smile rested on her lips as she nestled next to the warmth of his body. Her reverie was disturbed as she felt him stir. Looking up, she questioned, “Yes, Viga?”

His voice was hesitant but sincere. He looked down into her face and said, “Jaheira, I.. I wanted to apologize for what I put you through. And I wanted to thank you for.. for..”

Pushing herself up with her hip, she cut him off with a kiss. Smiling, she replied, “I understand, Viga.”

He kissed her back, a smile playing on his lips, “I love you, Jaheira, for your wisdom and your heart. You rescued me,” he paused, brushing a golden braid from her face, “from myself.”

A wide smile broke out on Jaheira’s face as she climbed atop his chest and grabbed ahold of the two beard braids. “And you are welcome.” The smile disappeared suddenly. Her lips thinned and she glared at him, pulling his head up by the beard, “But if you ever do anything like that to me again, the only saving you will need will be for your soul, immunities be damned.”

Smiling broadly, he held up his hands in surrender. “Of that I have no doubt, Jaheira. That is one prophecy I have full faith in.”

Jaheira glared at him for a second before she broke into a grin herself. She shook her head, “Making jokes again. You are fully recovered.”

Grinning, he said, “Indeed my love, I am [I]fully[I] recovered.” Grabbing her shoulders, he rolled the both of them. Now atop his druidess, he looked down into her smiling face and asked, “Shall I demonstrate?”

Wrapping her hands his neck, she pulled herself up and gave him another kiss. “You are incorrigible, you know that?”

Smiling, he quipped, “Indeed. And it has served me well, has it not, my beautiful druidess?”

“Oh yes, my scruffy faced ranger.”

And then they did something neither had done all day.

They laughed.

The door opened to the apartments and Keldorn looked up from his book. Two people walked in, Jaheira and Viga. “Ah, I see you found your quarry Jaheira.” By the bit of leaf sticking out of Viga’s hair, it didn’t even take Keldorn’s woodcraft to tell she had found him in the forest.

“Yes. Yes I did Keldorn.”

“Good. I was starting to wonder if I was going to have to organize a search party for the two of you. I am glad you saved this old campaigner the trouble.”

Both of them laughed, a sound that warmed Keldorn’s heart. “So are we, old friend. I’d hate for you to have to lose your place in the book. Who knows if you’d ever find it again,” replied Viga.

It was Keldorn’s turn to laugh. “Indeed, Viga. You have done me a great service this day.”

Viga and Jaheira smiled and made their way towards the stairs to their room. Keldorn turned to watch them ascend the stair, seeing the usual spring in both their steps. Smiling knowingly to himself, he watched them disappear to the upper floors, and still looking at the stair, he said to himself, “A great service indeed. For all of us.”

And then he returned to his book. The adventures of Tirant lo Blanc awaited.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com