Photo

Adrian Shadows of Amn 99

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Arcalian

Posted 24 January 2004 - 04:52 PM

Stopping only long enough to sell the Aasimar's items to a local merchant in the docks--who probably would be able to take several months off after turning such a profit--Korgan led the party to Cromwell's, a second story house of moderate respectability right on the eastern edge of the docks themselves. They climbed a long stairwell, rickety wooden steps leading up to a door facing out into the river. Adrian noted with interest a guard tower not far away, with a Amnian pike-wielding guard staring at them. Protection for Cromwell, maybe? The shadow Thieves and Night Knives were in control down here, so the presence of a guard was surprising. Perhaps a token presence, to be bribed by either or both guilds. Adrian shrugged and moved on.

"Hail, Cromwell, ye stinkin blacksmith," Korgan said as they entered.

Cromwell tuned to face them, and Adrian was mildly astonished to see the Dwarf had shaved his beard entirely off. All the blonde hair was trimmed on that squarish face, down to a stubble not much thicker than Adrian's own. Cromwell did have sideburns, but they were trimmed as thin as the rest of his hair. From head to toe he was stained with black.

"What do ye want, ye treacherous oathbreaker?" Cromwell spat.

"Me? Nothing. But my associates have some business for ye."

"Do they, now..." Cromwell's eyes wnadered over the aprty, stopping on Jan. He brightened a little. "Hoy now Jansen, dinna tell me ye've fallen into such company?"

Jan shrugged. "They saved me from Trax, and I must say, Adrian's an effective leader. And as Korgy says, we have business for you."

"Something yer gadget-bashing skills can't handle? Come now."

"Well, they mostly want armor from you, I think. Other stuff too, but all that takes time."

Cromwell nodded thoughtfully. "Which one of ye be Adrian?"

"That would be me." Adrian stepped forward.

Cromwell focused on him and nodded. "Hear me human, hear me well. I'll do whatever business we yant, if ye have enough gold or can get it. But take me counsel: trust not Korgan. He leaves his comrades as corpses in his wake."

"I know. We participated in the destruction of his previous party. And I am watchful."

"What the longlimb aint sayin," Korgan added, "Is that his party suits me better than any before."

"Well for their sakes," said Cromwell, "I hope it suits you well enough."

Adrian handed him the shadow dragon scales, the dark armor, and his old storm armor. "We'll start with these. I leave the dragon scales to your obvious expertise. As for this, you can see that--"

"Aye, aye, I see." Cromwell sat down slowly. "The scales of a shade dragon.....an old twilight plate that has seen it's last.....and it's replacement, a midnight plate. VERY impressive. I understand now why Korgan wouldnae turn on ye; the rewards for loyalty are enough to satisfy even him. Two separate comissions then? One to make armor of the shadow scales. And the other, you want to use some elements of the old armor in the new?"

"The lightning bolt gem," Adrian said.

"Lightning?" Cromwell examined the Storm Armor more closely. "Aye, I see. The centerpiece as it were. Yes, it can be done. But for both pieces, I'll need a total of ten thousand gold, and several days to work them."

Adrian handed over the gold without comment. "We'll be in town, I can promise you that much."

Cromwell nodded without looking up from the armor, clearly he was excited about getting started.

---

They headed back to Xzar and Kirya's lair.

"Kirya," said Adrian. "I want to know the full story of you and Xzar, and when exactly he went mad, and why..."
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#2 Guest_bobby23_*

Posted 24 January 2004 - 09:11 PM

intresting a look into xzars madness!

that be fun, i like the hole ''you never know whats next'' thing in this story

so whats next going too take on the rune? mess with the lich? go hunt bones? flush out the slavers HQ.

get yourself the skin armor? cheat the cowls and rob the magec thing (forgot the name)

have fun jumping planes (on that note when you going too let your man A and everyone lovely bard HD meet???

#3 Arcalian

Posted 24 January 2004 - 11:31 PM

so whats next going too take on the rune? mess with the lich? go hunt bones? flush out the slavers HQ.

Tree and Anomen and the ex-slaves led by Hendak cleared out the Slaver HQ. The rest of the party simply didn't go along for the ride. On the way Tree and Anomen got Lilacor, which they sold to Kagain.

get yourself the skin armor? cheat the cowls and rob the magec thing (forgot the name)

Next is a variety of cut-scenes in part 100. After that we go into the big Xzar flashback story, and then one of the things you metnioned will be next....with a twist. :)

have fun jumping planes (on that note when you going too let your man A and everyone lovely bard HD meet???

I don't know exactly when, but I'll tell you this much; I have long range plans for H'D.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#4 Guest_Oryx_*

Posted 25 January 2004 - 04:39 AM

Stopping only long enough to sell the Aasimar's items to a local merchant in the docks--who probably would be able to take several months off after turning such a profit--Korgan led the party to Cromwell's, a second story house of moderate respectability right on the eastern edge of the docks themselves. They climbed a long stairwell, rickety wooden steps leading up to a door facing out into the river. Adrian noted with interest a guard tower not far away, with a Amnian pike-wielding guard staring at them. Protection for Cromwell, maybe? The shadow Thieves and Night Knives were in control down here, so the presence of a guard was surprising. Perhaps a token presence, to be bribed by either or both guilds. Adrian shrugged and moved on.

hmmm...

"Something yer gadget-bashing skills can't handle? Come now."

lol

Cromwell focused on him and nodded. "Hear me human, hear me well. I'll do whatever business we yant, if ye have enough gold or can get it. But take me counsel: trust not Korgan. He leaves his comrades as corpses in his wake."

So we hear.

When I played the first time, I was afraid to take him b/c his bio made me suspect he'd eventually attack the party. With a paladin PC and Aerie and an intent to max out reputation, it seemed especially likely. Though Korgo's one who shouldn't care a wit for good deeds if they're profitable too, but try telling Bioware that.

"I know. We participated in the destruction of his previous party. And I am watchful."

heh

"Aye, aye, I see." Cromwell sat down slowly. "The scales of a shade dragon.....an old twilight plate that has seen it's last.....and it's replacement, a midnight plate. VERY impressive. I understand now why Korgan wouldnae turn on ye; the rewards for loyalty are enough to satisfy even him. Two separate comissions then? One to make armor of the shadow scales. And the other, you want to use some elements of the old armor in the new?"

cool beans

"Kirya," said Adrian. "I want to know the full story of you and Xzar, and when exactly he went mad, and why..."

Ah yes, Maztica.

'Twil be truly a treat for Chap 100.

#5 Laufey

Posted 25 January 2004 - 05:53 PM

Cromwell tuned to face them, and Adrian was mildly astonished to see the Dwarf had shaved his beard entirely off. All the blonde hair was trimmed on that squarish face, down to a stubble not much thicker than Adrian's own. Cromwell did have sideburns, but they were trimmed as thin as the rest of his hair. From head to toe he was stained with black.

Presumably he shaved so his beard wouldn't catch fire?

"What the longlimb aint sayin," Korgan added, "Is that his party suits me better than any before."

"Well for their sakes," said Cromwell, "I hope it suits you well enough."

I rather think it will. :)

"Lightning?" Cromwell examined the Storm Armor more closely. "Aye, I see. The centerpiece as it were. Yes, it can be done. But for both pieces, I'll need a total of ten thousand gold, and several days to work them."

Adrian handed over the gold without comment. "We'll be in town, I can promise you that much."

Cromwell nodded without looking up from the armor, clearly he was excited about getting started.

Should become something nice!

---

I wanna know too! :)
Rogues do it from behind.

#6 Arcalian

Posted 25 January 2004 - 09:00 PM

hmmm...

It struck me as odd that despite all the thalk about the Docks being controlled by the Shadow Theives, there is both a guard barracks and tower there. This was my attempt to explain them.

'Twil be truly a treat for Chap 100.

Not quite yet. Chapt 100 is reserved for checking in on lots of other people. But soon. Very soon.

#7 Arcalian

Posted 25 January 2004 - 09:02 PM

Presumably he shaved so his beard wouldn't catch fire?

Yah, it seemed to me a Dwarven Blacksmith might have that problem.

I wanna know too! :)

Very soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com