Rush Of Blood To The Head, part 7.12.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 11 December 2003 - 06:10 PM

Hi, folks! I did a quick rewrite of some bits of the Sarevok part – and since I tried to change the conversation in order to make Sarevok more a real person, not just a plot device, perhaps this chapter has lost a bit of internal logic because of those changes. I’d appreciate if you would point out anything odd that occurs to you, as you read. Thanks in advance! :)

Btw, I’ve never written Sarry before and am pretty nervous about how he will come off. ;) Oh, and Lotta – if you are checking this, you can read safely because Sarry somehow manages not to get killed here. :twisted:

“Well… that was… entertaining,” I remark as the six of us slowly slump down on the cold stone floor, having returned from our trip to one of those strange dark pits that surround this awkward plane. I look at Imoen as she retrieves four glimmering objects from her leather pouch and looks at them with interest… the so called Tears of Bhaal… and the demons, inhabiting the pits below hinted clearly that they are the key to our exit from this place, the key to unlock the strange gate and face whatever lies beyond it.

“Well, you made it entertaining, simian,” Edwin snorts, “I was not looking forward to face elder orbs and other sorts of beholder-kin, but you just had to be so virtuous, not to accept the obvious solution.”

“Hey, I’m not going to wear a cloak made from nymph skins, that is… simply revolting,” I snarl in response, “even I have my limits to which I will sink, and that was way below those limits.”

“Yeah, shame on you Eddie,” Imoen sticks out her tongue, “everyone knows that nymphs are innocent, beautiful and harmless creatures… how could anyone hurt them?”

“Continue to make such suggestions, Edwin, and the same fate that befell that demon, might occur to you,” Jaheira snorts and Edwin winces, remembering what happened to the hapless demon just a few minutes ago.

“Yes, that fool really ought to think twice before he offered such an offending item to a brave Nature’s Servant like you, my dear,” I chuckle before wrapping my arms around Jaheira’s waist, sitting behind her.

“Hmph, and what is your excuse when you chose not to keep that powerful sword? I told you about its powerful abilities, yet you foolishly gave it away – with such an item the wizard would be a toast in a matter of seconds (after my impeccable magic had softened him up, of course),” Edwin says.

“Well, this one’s easier, Eddie,” I laugh, “see, I don’t know how to fight with a one-handed weapon…”

“You did say that there is a good opportunity that the sword can claim dominance upon its wielder,” Viconia points out, “I doubt that we want a Bhaalspawn who is already finding hard to fight against the dark taint, to be under the influence of an evil sword.”

“There’s not much difference, if you ask me… as of now, the druid is doing all the thinking for him, in any case,” Edwin continues to mock us.

“Stop that, Eddie,” I say, feigning annoyance, “next you will accuse me of being a coward for choosing not to fight the dragon.”

“No, that was a fine decision, lad,” Keldorn says, “Diplomacy is always preferable to the language of swords. Your actions speak of wisdom and I am proud of how you handled the situation… well done, Theodur.”

“Yes, well… maybe cowardice played a bit of a role there, too,” I admit quietly, so that only Jaheira can hear it, but she shakes her head dismissively in reaction to my statement.

“Natural instincts of self-preservation and wisdom as Keldorn says, not cowardice, Theodur,” she notes in a voice that does not allow for any arguing, not that I would desire to.

“And if you plan to suggest that Theo should have left Viconia to die, instead of sacrificing a part of his strength, then I will kick you in the nuts, Eddie!” Imoen exclaims proudly.

“Err… no, I was not planning to suggest anything like that, my little simian (quite the contrary, had he decided not to save her… a fireball in his face, that’s what!)” Edwin replies, “on the other hand… had the demon taken the paladin, I might have suggested a different solution.”

“Oh, stuff it, Eddie, I would have done the same for any of you… yes, even for you, red-robed buffoon,” I laugh at his dumbstruck face expression.

“I could not tell if you had been weakened by that sacrifice,” Jaheira turns to face me, “do you feel any different, weaker?”

“No… I don’t feel any different to be honest… at least not physically weaker,” I reply with a shrug, “I have no idea of what exactly I had to give up… though, I have not been seriously tested since then. Hard for me to say… well, if we manage to get out of here alive, I look forward to you putting me through some… endurance tests…” I whisper to Jaheira and a brief laugh escapes her lips, forcing everyone to look upon us.

“Might I suggest that we move on?” Viconia asks, “I think we have rested enough and there is only one pit remaining… I must admit being curious about what we will find in it.”

“I suppose you’re right, Vic… let’s see what’s inside this one,” I say before rising to my feet.

“Probably yet another demon forcing us to play a stupid, annoying game in order to obtain the necessary Tear,” Edwin sighs, “At least it is the final one before we can open the gate and see observe what is on the other side (there could be all sorts of magical treasure, after all!).”

“When we went closer to the gate, I felt as if… like at the Tree, close to Irenicus and my soul,” I muse as we head towards the last of the pits, “I think he is there, on the other side… perhaps already waiting for us to find our way towards him. It is likely that he cannot return to the world of mortals, either… and he probably needs the reminder of the soul that is still in me.”

“Then we are in for another difficult battle,” Jaheira speaks, walking beside me, “It will be very difficult, but I am sure that we will prevail if we prepare accordingly.”

Slowly we descend down the long winding stairs to end up in a similar place as we have visited four times before, the only exception that we are not greeted by some smart-arsed demon upon our entrance. This room looks almost empty, save for one distinct figure, sitting on some sort of an outgrowth in the ground, his head bowed low and hands rest on the hilt of the sword he holds in front of him. As we step closer, I realize that I once knew a person who wore an armor, just as ridiculous as this, all covered in silly spikes.

“So we meet again,” I know that deep bass, the distinct voice that addresses me, “How fitting that our reunion should be in this place of retribution.”

“Sarevok?” Imoen, Jaheira and I exclaim simultaneously.

“Yes, it is I. Or perhaps an echo… My essence joined that of our dead father after you murdered me, after all… but in the end, this is where all the Children of Bhaal end up,” Sarevok looks upon us as we come closer to surround him in a half circle, “So, you have four of them already. That was very quick… I see you have gathered an efficient army of fools. And no doubt, now you are looking for the fifth.”

“But if this is the place where all the Children end up after death… then… am I dead for good, or is there a way back?” I inquire tentatively, “No, we are not chained to this place, if that would be the case then my friends wouldn’t have joined me here. There is a way out, isn’t there? And the mage stands between us and the way out.”

“Of course, fool. He is facing similar tests to yours, as we speak, preparing to face you,” Sarevok snarls.

“So you’ve got what we need to escape this place, Sarevok?” Imoen pipes up, somewhere behind me, “That would be the fifth Tear, right? Well, hand it over then!”

“No, I will not give it to you. You do not deserve it,” Sarevok grins evilly, ignoring that there are six fully armed people, brandishing their weapons in his general direction.

“What makes you think that you are in a position to place judgement on me, and what I do or do not deserve, Sarevok?” I snort, knowing that as powerful as he is, we have the advantage in numbers, “If you do not hand it over… we can simply take it from you with force.”

“Ha! I am in excellent position to place the judgment on you. Rule of this realm was rightfully mine, and had I spitted you on my blade as easily as that pathetic wizard, Gorion, our positions would be reversed now!” Sarevok’s voice booms through this confined space and the eerie effect as it resonates is creating a terribly unsettling atmosphere.

“Yes, ‘had you spitted’, Sarevok,” I reply, gripping the hilt of my sword, “but you didn’t, did you? We killed you before… do you want us to do it again?”

“Ah, yes. Stoke that infernal wrath of yours. I can feel the anger within you, boiling like a pit of sulphur in the crevices of your heart. You feel it, do you not? The irresistible call of our dead father,” Sarevok speaks with a voice of superiority, “You have tasted the power, became the Slayer… but do you know how to use it? Show me, brother… summon your wrath for me… if you can.”

“I don’t need the power of the Slayer to defeat you, ghost,” I bark at him, “and you know full well that if I was to give into the taint, I would kill not only you, but all those in this room. The taint is like a dangerous plague, I wish nothing to do with it.”

“Fool! I can teach you how to use your wrath. You can control and direct the taint at anyone you please! You can become the weapon of murder that you were meant to be!” the only effect of Sarevok’s words is to convince me that his insanity has not been only temporary and he is still as mad as a hare in the month of Ches.

“You, imbecile! You were never worthy of the gifts offered to you!” Sarevok continues his ranting, “What galls me most was how indifferent you looked, even as those few stray arrows and the sword of that elven lackey of yours managed a few lucky slashes, preventing me from claiming the destiny THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MINE! I did see no wrath and no wish to avenge your stepfather, no wish to become the famed hero of Baldur’s Gate, nothing!”

“Even as you killed me, you looked as apathetic as if you did not care! And all that after I destroyed everything you cared for, your precious Gorion, plundered the lives of innocent in your Candlekeep! How dared you not wanting to kill me!” Sarevok raves in anger, trying to provoke me into attacking him, but I am a bit too clever for such trick… not even the mention of Gorion able to create any definable amount of rage within me.

Instead, it is Jaheira, who charges at him enraged and Sarevok barely manages to deflect the blow of her scimitar, before quickly countering with a vicious swing and Jaheira quickly raises her shield to deflect it. At this very moment I forget everything about fair fight and jump in to help out Jaheira and Viconia follows me. Sarevok lands another blow, which leaves a huge dent in Jaheira’s shield and knocks her on the ground, and now we pounce upon my mad brother, Viconia crushing his kneecap with her mace and Sarevok staggers from the pain, I deliver a massive blow from above against his sword and knock it out of his hand, as his concentration has gone due to the broken knee. The next moment, a scimitar and a sword point are pressed against his unprotected neck, while Viconia is prepared to crush his other knee…

“Surely, you wouldn’t be as suicidal and insist on fighting on, Sarevok?” I smirk, “now hand it over and you may live… or… whatever is that you are doing on this weird plane.”

“NO! I will not hand it over to you! You will have to take it with force!” he bellows, not blinking an eye, and I have to wonder whether he really is so stubbornly brave or is he simply mad.

“Relax you guys, I have it!” Imoen emerges from behind Sarevok, holding last of the Tears in her hand, “you really should know better, Sarry… with such a masterful rogue around, you just have to make sure that your valuables are well hidden…” she chirps.

“YOU… TWIT! How dare you?” Sarevok bellows, mad from anger.

“Good, everyone, move to the exit,” I command, “Jaheira and I will hold him until you are in safety.” My friends turn and leave as quickly as possible and Jaheira and I start slowly retreating backwards, towards the exit, maintaining the eye contact with the powerful warrior for the whole time. I pick up his sword on our way in order to prevent him from undertaking something inconsiderate.

“We will meet again, brother… I am sure of it,” he snarls, “and you will not get out of our next meeting as lightly as you did this time! I swear, I will kill you yet, worm!”

“I doubt that, Sarevok,” I say in return, “you see, once we are out of here, I don’t plan to return… really this is not the place I would like to visit. Unless, of course you spend your time in decorating it somehow… and it looks like you’ll have plenty of time.”

“Your threats are meaningless, phantom. If we are indeed to meet again, I promise that you will not survive the encounter… you can count on it, so I swear on Gorion’s memory,” Jaheira promises as we turn around and return to join our friends with all haste.

The (unofficial) final episode of the SoA part, including the final fight, is scheduled for Sunday evening. Stay tuned for the final decider and you can also place your bets – btw, William Hill have Irenicus at slightly better odds. ;)

#2 Guest_IronDragon_*

Posted 11 December 2003 - 07:35 PM

Hi, folks! I did a quick rewrite of some bits of the Sarevok part – and since I tried to change the conversation in order to make Sarevok more a real person, not just a plot device, perhaps this chapter has lost a bit of internal logic because of those changes. I’d appreciate if you would point out anything odd that occurs to you, as you read. Thanks in advance!

Sarevok has always been a bit slender in the personality department.

“Well… that was… entertaining,”

life around a Bhaal spawn always is.

“Well, you made it entertaining, simian,” Edwin snorts, “I was not looking forward to face elder orbs and other sorts of beholder-kin, but you just had to be so virtuous, not to accept the obvious solution.”

“Hey, I’m not going to wear a cloak made from nymph skins, that is… simply revolting,” I snarl in response, “even I have my limits to which I will sink, and that was way below those limits.”

if nothing else the dry cleaning bill son such an object would be horrendous.

“Yeah, shame on you Eddie,” Imoen sticks out her tongue, “everyone knows that nymphs are innocent, beautiful and harmless creatures… how could anyone hurt them?”

I am not entirely sure about that assessment of nymphs.

“Continue to make such suggestions, Edwin, and the same fate that befell that demon, might occur to you,” Jaheira snorts and Edwin winces, remembering what happened to the hapless demon just a few minutes ago.

“Yes, that fool really ought to think twice before he offered such an offending item to a brave Nature’s Servant like you, my dear,” I chuckle before wrapping my arms around Jaheira’s waist, sitting behind her.

well now I really am curious as to exactly what happened to that deamon.

“Hmph, and what is your excuse when you chose not to keep that powerful sword? I told you about its powerful abilities, yet you foolishly gave it away – with such an item the wizard would be a toast in a matter of seconds (after my impeccable magic had softened him up, of course),” Edwin says.

Theo is getting soft.

“And if you plan to suggest that Theo should have left Viconia to die, instead of sacrificing a part of his strength, then I will kick you in the nuts, Eddie!” Imoen exclaims proudly.

Ouch.

“Err… no, I was not planning to suggest anything like that, my little simian (quite the contrary, had he decided not to save her… a fireball in his face, that’s what!)” Edwin replies, “on the other hand… had the demon taken the paladin, I might have suggested a different solution.”

the Paladin might have suggested the same if you were the one taken. Well at the very least he would have thought about it for a few seconds

“No… I don’t feel any different to be honest… at least not physically weaker,” I reply with a shrug, “I have no idea of what exactly I had to give up… though, I have not been seriously tested since then. Hard for me to say… well, if we manage to get out of here alive, I look forward to you putting me through some… endurance tests…” I whisper to Jaheira and a brief laugh escapes her lips, forcing everyone to look upon us.

it only hurts if you don’t have great dex to start with.

“Probably yet another demon forcing us to play a stupid, annoying game in order to obtain the necessary Tear,” Edwin sighs, “At least it is the final one before we can open the gate and see observe what is on the other side (there could be all sorts of magical treasure, after all!).”

not exactly what is waiting behind either door Eddie.

“When we went closer to the gate, I felt as if… like at the Tree, close to Irenicus and my soul,” I muse as we head towards the last of the pits, “I think he is there, on the other side… perhaps already waiting for us to find our way towards him. It is likely that he cannot return to the world of mortals, either… and he probably needs the reminder of the soul that is still in me.”

I always wondered just what Irenicus was up to over there.

“Then we are in for another difficult battle,” Jaheira speaks, walking beside me, “It will be very difficult, but I am sure that we will prevail if we prepare accordingly.”

you didn’t last tiem you squared off against Irenicus.

“Yes, it is I. Or perhaps an echo… My essence joined that of our dead father after you murdered me, after all… but in the end, this is where all the Children of Bhaal end up,”

obviously not totally joined. Or maybe this encounter separates him enough from Bhaal to act independently and work to return himself to life.

“Of course, fool. He is facing similar tests to yours, as we speak, preparing to face you,” Sarevok snarls.

no bets on whether he is taking the good or the evil path.

“Ha! I am in excellent position to place the judgment on you. Rule of this realm was rightfully mine, and had I spitted you on my blade as easily as that pathetic wizard, Gorion, our positions would be reversed now!” Sarevok’s voice booms through this confined space and the eerie effect as it resonates is creating a terribly unsettling atmosphere.

what a sore looser

“I don’t need the power of the Slayer to defeat you, ghost,” I bark at him, “and you know full well that if I was to give into the taint, I would kill not only you, but all those in this room. The taint is like a dangerous plague, I wish nothing to do with it.”

Yet you gave in to temptation once before.

I did see no wrath and no wish to avenge your stepfather, no wish to become the famed hero of Baldur’s Gate, nothing!”

Since you asked: I am not entirely sure just what Saravok is trying to say here. It only makes sense when joined with the next paragraph, that the big S is complaining about Theo’s apparent lack of ambition. You might want to join these two together.

“Even as you killed me, you looked as apathetic as if you did not care! And all that after I destroyed everything you cared for, your precious Gorion, plundered the lives of innocent in your Candlekeep! How dared you not wanting to kill me!” Sarevok raves in anger, trying to provoke me into attacking him, but I am a bit too clever for such trick… not even the mention of Gorion able to create any definable amount of rage within me.

Your mixing tenses here:
“How dare you not wish to kill me!” if you want Saravok to be complaining about Theo’s indifference to killing him at Baldur’s gate
Or
“How dare you not want to kill me!” if you want Sarevok to be goading Theo into attacking him now. Which is what I think you are trying to do here.

“NO! I will not hand it over to you! You will have to take it with force!” he bellows, not blinking an eye, and I have to wonder whether he really is so stubbornly brave or is he simply mad.

or maybe he has no choice.
And considering these “challenges” have supposedly been created by Theo’s own mind to test himself, what does that say about Theo?

“Relax you guys, I have it!” Imoen emerges from behind Sarevok, holding last of the Tears in her hand, “you really should know better, Sarry… with such a masterful rogue around, you just have to make sure that your valuables are well hidden…” she chirps.

If only Immy could pick pocket things as well in the game.

“We will meet again, brother… I am sure of it,” he snarls, “and you will not get out of our next meeting as lightly as you did this time! I swear, I will kill you yet, worm!”

Sarevok is sure burning bridges here. Tough to ask for a piece of your brothers soul when your threatening to kill him.

“Your threats are meaningless, phantom. If we are indeed to meet again, I promise that you will not survive the encounter… you can count on it, so I swear on Gorion’s memory,” Jaheira promises as we turn around and return to join our friends with all haste.

Kinda tosses giving up a piece of Theo’s soul out the window.

The (unofficial) final episode of the SoA part, including the final fight, is scheduled for Sunday evening. Stay tuned for the final decider and you can also place your bets – btw, William Hill have Irenicus at slightly better odds.

Something tells me that Theo will win the encounter with Irenicus.

#3 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 11 December 2003 - 08:00 PM

Hi, folks! I did a quick rewrite of some bits of the Sarevok part – and since I tried to change the conversation in order to make Sarevok more a real person, not just a plot device, perhaps this chapter has lost a bit of internal logic because of those changes. I’d appreciate if you would point out anything odd that occurs to you, as you read. Thanks in advance!

Sarevok has always been a bit slender in the personality department.

I have my own very well formed impression of him, but I'm not sure how much of it is from the game and how much from the stories here.

“Well… that was… entertaining,”

life around a Bhaal spawn always is.

When Theo says that, he means that it was more entertaining than usually. ;)

if nothing else the dry cleaning bill son such an object would be horrendous.

Hehe... but yes, Theo is a ranger, after all, so he would have strong opposition against killing a nymph.

I am not entirely sure about that assessment of nymphs.

Reckon Immy could be charmed?

well now I really am curious as to exactly what happened to that deamon.

I think it is quite dead. :)

Theo is getting soft.

Aww, see how he's becoming "Good" again?

Ouch.

she would, too.

the Paladin might have suggested the same if you were the one taken. Well at the very least he would have thought about it for a few seconds

Which makes us conclude that paladins are equally as vile as the Red Wizards. :twisted:

it only hurts if you don’t have great dex to start with.

And being an archer, Theo's dex was really none too shabby!

not exactly what is waiting behind either door Eddie.

No... too bad that you can't loot Irenicus' body. I'm sure he has all sorts of cool stuff.

I always wondered just what Irenicus was up to over there.

Playing games with the demons, too, I think.

you didn’t last tiem you squared off against Irenicus.

They will prepare better this time, I guess.

“Yes, it is I. Or perhaps an echo… My essence joined that of our dead father after you murdered me, after all… but in the end, this is where all the Children of Bhaal end up,”

obviously not totally joined. Or maybe this encounter separates him enough from Bhaal to act independently and work to return himself to life.

I don't know how independant Sarevok can be on that plane. As you noted and is said in the game, apparently the PC sub-consciously summons Sarevok to the Bhaal-plane, but I'm not sure if I like that explanation. I'd much more prefer it to be either a some sort of divine intervention or some sort of coincidence.

no bets on whether he is taking the good or the evil path.

Heh, not really. Interestingly, remember that Irenicus appears accompanied by four demons - I suppose that he not only took the evil path, he also convinced those smart-arsed demons to help him.

what a sore looser

Sarevok: I have not lost yet!!

Yet you gave in to temptation once before.

Luckily, this time Jaheira's life is not at stake.

I did see no wrath and no wish to avenge your stepfather, no wish to become the famed hero of Baldur’s Gate, nothing!”

Since you asked: I am not entirely sure just what Saravok is trying to say here. It only makes sense when joined with the next paragraph, that the big S is complaining about Theo’s apparent lack of ambition. You might want to join these two together.

Indeed, that would make more sense!

Your mixing tenses here:
“How dare you not wish to kill me!” if you want Saravok to be complaining about Theo’s indifference to killing him at Baldur’s gate
Or
“How dare you not want to kill me!” if you want Sarevok to be goading Theo into attacking him now. Which is what I think you are trying to do here.

Actually, it was the former. ;) Sarry was really pissed up about that, but Theo was just doing it like a mercenary job, not paying any thought as to why he's killing Sarevok - his whole attention and thoughts were on that adultery thing...

or maybe he has no choice.
And considering these “challenges” have supposedly been created by Theo’s own mind to test himself, what does that say about Theo?

I know it says so in the game, but I don't really like that. I'm pretty sure that I know what's in my characters head, and these things do not really befit him. Much less those silly ToB Abyssal challenges - Ravager??? Puh-lease. Theo doesn't carry anything like that in himself.

If only Immy could pick pocket things as well in the game.

Well, then she would be too uber.

Sarevok is sure burning bridges here. Tough to ask for a piece of your brothers soul when your threatening to kill him.

I am sure he will be humble, then. 8)

Kinda tosses giving up a piece of Theo’s soul out the window.

You think so? My Jaheira has a tendency to sometimes break her vows... unwillingly, but still.

The (unofficial) final episode of the SoA part, including the final fight, is scheduled for Sunday evening. Stay tuned for the final decider and you can also place your bets – btw, William Hill have Irenicus at slightly better odds.

Something tells me that Theo will win the encounter with Irenicus.

Thanks for the vote of confidence and for the commenting! :P

#4 Laufey

Posted 11 December 2003 - 09:58 PM

Oh, come on Eddie, nymph skin would look awful on you.

“Well, this one’s easier, Eddie,” I laugh, “see, I don’t know how to fight with a one-handed weapon…”

Practical. ;)

Awww...how sweet. ;)

I'd like to see what Irenicus did behind that gate...perhaps I'll write that story some time.

Slowly we descend down the long winding stairs to end up in a similar place as we have visited four times before, the only exception that we are not greeted by some smart-arsed demon upon our entrance. This room looks almost empty, save for one distinct figure, sitting on some sort of an outgrowth in the ground, his head bowed low and hands rest on the hilt of the sword he holds in front of him. As we step closer, I realize that I once knew a person who wore an armor, just as ridiculous as this, all covered in silly spikes.

It's Big Bro! :P

“Surely, you wouldn’t be as suicidal and insist on fighting on, Sarevok?” I smirk, “now hand it over and you may live… or… whatever is that you are doing on this weird plane.”

He is mad, for certain.

*grin* Oh, I like this twist. 8)

The (unofficial) final episode of the SoA part, including the final fight, is scheduled for Sunday evening. Stay tuned for the final decider and you can also place your bets – btw, William Hill have Irenicus at slightly better odds. :twisted:

May I bet on Theo being nasty to Ellesime? :)
Rogues do it from behind.

#5 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 11 December 2003 - 10:21 PM

Oh, come on Eddie, nymph skin would look awful on you.

Eddie has no respect for nature's creatures. And they will have no respect for him... stay tuned! ;)

Practical. ;)

Yes, but I don't think it was the full issue behind his decision.

Awww...how sweet. ;)

Don't you just love it whe Eddie gets protective of a charming lady? :twisted:

I'd like to see what Irenicus did behind that gate...perhaps I'll write that story some time.

Yes, please do! I have my thoughts about it too, but they are pretty unsorted and incoherent... :P

It's Big Bro! :D

None other! If it was not for Sarevok and some other plot twists I plan for ToB, I would not be looking forward to writing that part.

He is mad, for certain.

Poor guy - because of the plot change I make, he will have to wait in the Abyssal plane for a couple of months... perhaps Cespenar's company will help... err... yeah... ;)

*grin* Oh, I like this twist. :)

Thanks! I was not sure how to resolve this - I could not see Theo being suicidal and fighting honorably one-on-one. But in a six-on-one situation, it felt terribly wrong to kill him.

The (unofficial) final episode of the SoA part, including the final fight, is scheduled for Sunday evening. Stay tuned for the final decider and you can also place your bets – btw, William Hill have Irenicus at slightly better odds. :)

May I bet on Theo being nasty to Ellesime? ;)

Ayup. But he will have to watch out, Ellesime can hold a grudge! 8)

#6 Guest_Bjorn_*

Posted 12 December 2003 - 12:22 AM

Btw, I’ve never written Sarry before and am pretty nervous about how he will come off. :)

He sounds fine to me - but I've never written Sarry either, and I've only had him in my party once, so my judgement probably doesn't mean a great deal.

Well...to be fair, they're dead already, so it could be argued that whether or not you wear the cloak doesn't make much difference. Although I don't think I've ever actually taken that route in the game.

LOL! Can you actually attack them in the game? Don't think Ive ever tried.

Heh, fair enough.

“You did say that there is a good opportunity that the sword can claim dominance upon its wielder,” Viconia points out, “I doubt that we want a Bhaalspawn who is already finding hard to fight against the dark taint, to be under the influence of an evil sword.”

Isn't he already using the 'evil' demon knight sword, though? Or did he sell that in the end?

“There’s not much difference, if you ask me… as of now, the druid is doing all the thinking for him, in any case,” Edwin continues to mock us.

LOL! Well, yes.

“Stop that, Eddie,” I say, feigning annoyance, “next you will accuse me of being a coward for choosing not to fight the dragon.”

Yep - Eddie probably the chance to claim a second dragon kill. :twisted:

“No, that was a fine decision, lad,” Keldorn says, “Diplomacy is always preferable to the language of swords. Your actions speak of wisdom and I am proud of how you handled the situation… well done, Theodur.”

Yep - no point risking your lives when you don't have to. You don't even get decent XP for killing it, which kind of sucks.

Nah, that was one quest Theo was never even going to be tempted to take the 'evil' route through.

“Might I suggest that we move on?” Viconia asks, “I think we have rested enough and there is only one pit remaining… I must admit being curious about what we will find in it.”

I must admit I wasn't expecting Theo to choose all the 'good' routes through the tests - but good for him that he did. Now just don't muck it all up by letting Big Brother tempt you into a slayer change...

But it does seem rather more likely that there'll be a very angry Irenicus. ;)

“But if this is the place where all the Children end up after death… then… am I dead for good, or is there a way back?” I inquire tentatively, “No, we are not chained to this place, if that would be the case then my friends wouldn’t have joined me here. There is a way out, isn’t there? And the mage stands between us and the way out.”

Plus if this was Bhaalspawn heaven there would be more dead Bhaalspawn here than just him and Sarry.

And you might well kill yourself, too, judging by what happened after the Bodhi fight. You've got the right idea here, Theo.

Now if Sarevok were to insult or threaten Jaheira, Theo would probably have a much harder time resisting. But Sarry obviously hasn't done his homework.

LOL! Heh, probably a bit hard to build secret pockets into that spiky armour though.

I have to say that 'twit' did sound a bit out of place here - I imagine Sarevok using rather stronger insults than that, somehow.

“Good, everyone, move to the exit,” I command, “Jaheira and I will hold him until you are in safety.” My friends turn and leave as quickly as possible and Jaheira and I start slowly retreating backwards, towards the exit, maintaining the eye contact with the powerful warrior for the whole time. I pick up his sword on our way in order to prevent him from undertaking something inconsiderate.

Minor nitpick: not sure how they can both maintain eye contact - surely he can only look at one of them?

It's going to be interesting, when they meet in ToB.

“I doubt that, Sarevok,” I say in return, “you see, once we are out of here, I don’t plan to return… really this is not the place I would like to visit. Unless, of course you spend your time in decorating it somehow… and it looks like you’ll have plenty of time.”

LOL! But don't worry Sarevok, you'll see Theo again - and probably a lot sooner than he would like..

The (unofficial) final episode of the SoA part, including the final fight, is scheduled for Sunday evening. Stay tuned for the final decider and you can also place your bets – btw, William Hill have Irenicus at slightly better odds. ;)

LOL! Looking forward to it. 8)

#7 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 12 December 2003 - 05:53 AM

Btw, I’ve never written Sarry before and am pretty nervous about how he will come off. :)

He sounds fine to me - but I've never written Sarry either, and I've only had him in my party once, so my judgement probably doesn't mean a great deal.

Well, I'll take any assurances, so thanks! :D

Well...to be fair, they're dead already, so it could be argued that whether or not you wear the cloak doesn't make much difference. Although I don't think I've ever actually taken that route in the game.

Well, I have one uncompleted game in ToB, running an evil gnome romancing Aerie. He took all the quests in the evil way, which meant taking the cloak. Evil rewards in the Hell tests are way, WAY better.

But Theo has that ranger-thing going against using a nymph cloak.

LOL! Can you actually attack them in the game? Don't think Ive ever tried.

No... I doubt you can, but that shouldn't stop Jaheira when she's really mad, should it?

Heh, fair enough.

That's the short explanation, anyways.

Isn't he already using the 'evil' demon knight sword, though? Or did he sell that in the end?

Yeah, but Blackrazor is in a different league of evilness than Soul Reaver. Soul Reaver just drains the strength of a victim, while iirc Blackrazor virtually sucked out victims soul... or something like that.

LOL! Well, yes.

Poor Theo... :D

Yep - Eddie probably the chance to claim a second dragon kill. :(

He was probably very interested in the dragon's horde, too. :)

Yep - no point risking your lives when you don't have to. You don't even get decent XP for killing it, which kind of sucks.

Exactly! :P

Nah, that was one quest Theo was never even going to be tempted to take the 'evil' route through.

Nope, never.

I must admit I wasn't expecting Theo to choose all the 'good' routes through the tests - but good for him that he did. Now just don't muck it all up by letting Big Brother tempt you into a slayer change...

Well... I understand why you would except that, but I could not find any of them apppropriate for taking the evil route. The 'evil' and the 'good' route are very obvious in those tests - and remember Theo *really* wants to be good. :P

But it does seem rather more likely that there'll be a very angry Irenicus. :D

Maybe he was referring to the magical treasure that Irenicus carries?

Plus if this was Bhaalspawn heaven there would be more dead Bhaalspawn here than just him and Sarry.

Good point, too. :)

And you might well kill yourself, too, judging by what happened after the Bodhi fight. You've got the right idea here, Theo.

He doesn't feel very threatened by Sarry. :D

Now if Sarevok were to insult or threaten Jaheira, Theo would probably have a much harder time resisting. But Sarry obviously hasn't done his homework.

No... I don't think Sarry would be very perceptive to notice that link and exploit it.

LOL! Heh, probably a bit hard to build secret pockets into that spiky armour though.

Imoen: Please DON'T ask where he was hiding it! :(

I have to say that 'twit' did sound a bit out of place here - I imagine Sarevok using rather stronger insults than that, somehow.

Hmm, I'll think about it. I need something that is not vulgar and yet something that isn't too sophisticated for an insult... hmm...

Minor nitpick: not sure how they can both maintain eye contact - surely he can only look at one of them?

:) ... y'know... that's true!

It's going to be interesting, when they meet in ToB.

Oh, yeah... now, Theo isn't hateful towards Sarry, but there will still be problems...

LOL! But don't worry Sarevok, you'll see Theo again - and probably a lot sooner than he would like..

No, not that soon, in a few months still. For now, Sarry gets to play games with Cespenar in order to stay ( :) ) sane...

The (unofficial) final episode of the SoA part, including the final fight, is scheduled for Sunday evening. Stay tuned for the final decider and you can also place your bets – btw, William Hill have Irenicus at slightly better odds. :P

LOL! Looking forward to it. :)

Thank you! Coming up in a few days! :P

#8 Guest_Winter_Bloom_*

Posted 12 December 2003 - 11:38 PM

“Well… that was… entertaining,” I remark as the six of us slowly slump down on the cold stone floor, having returned from our trip to one of those strange dark pits that surround this awkward plane. I look at Imoen as she retrieves four glimmering objects from her leather pouch and looks at them with interest… the so called Tears of Bhaal… and the demons, inhabiting the pits below hinted clearly that they are the key to our exit from this place, the key to unlock the strange gate and face whatever lies beyond it.

Don't you know that tears are not enough...

Ah, don't mind me, I'm in a silly mood today. :?:

Ah he's being good here.

Plus Jaheira would have skinned him alive had he taken the cloak. An angry Jaheira is more frightening than a posse of demons. :D

I will resist saying anything, I will resist saying anything... :)

Not surprizing she would say that. :)

I can imagine, heh, heh...

Personally, I thought the challanges in SOA were better than the ones in TOB. I'm gonna alter the TOB ones myself.

Er, close but no cigar.

Andaire: I really have no idea why Sarry though looking like an insane porcupine was a good look for him. :(

Oh, you've got that right.

Intesresting look on things. Never thought of that angle.

“So you’ve got what we need to escape this place, Sarevok?” Imoen pipes up, somewhere behind me, “That would be the fifth Tear, right? Well, hand it over then!”

“No, I will not give it to you. You do not deserve it,” Sarevok grins evilly, ignoring that there are six fully armed people, brandishing their weapons in his general direction.

Yep, that sounds like Sarry alright.

“Fool! I can teach you how to use your wrath. You can control and direct the taint at anyone you please! You can become the weapon of murder that you were meant to be!” the only effect of Sarevok’s words is to convince me that his insanity has not been only temporary and he is still as mad as a hare in the month of Ches.

Heh, heh...

Because Immy is so cute and lovable, that's why. :) Plus she's a good thief. :wink:

The (unofficial) final episode of the SoA part, including the final fight, is scheduled for Sunday evening. Stay tuned for the final decider and you can also place your bets – btw, William Hill have Irenicus at slightly better odds. :)

Looking forward to it. :(

#9 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 13 December 2003 - 09:34 AM

Don't you know that tears are not enough...

Ah, don't mind me, I'm in a silly mood today. :P

:? You don't say? :(

Ah he's being good here.

He's being (or trying to be) good most of the time.

Plus Jaheira would have skinned him alive had he taken the cloak. An angry Jaheira is more frightening than a posse of demons. :D

Muahahaha! :)

I will resist saying anything, I will resist saying anything... :)

Yes, that's better... :wink:

Not surprizing she would say that. :P

No, not really! :?

I can imagine, heh, heh...

Afraid that Eddie will never like paladins. :)

Personally, I thought the challanges in SOA were better than the ones in TOB. I'm gonna alter the TOB ones myself.

I personally thought that the ToB challenges were stupid. They were to represent a some sort of inner conflict inside the Mainchar, didn't they? Well, they are awfully unfitting for Theo. I might think of either replacing them with my own or stripping them altogether - the only one I would miss, would be the one where you face Tamoko and Winski. My god, that would torture Sarevok! Hmmm... need to think.

Er, close but no cigar.

Irenicus should really be carrying a lot of great loot if you ask me.

Andaire: I really have no idea why Sarry though looking like an insane porcupine was a good look for him. :)

Theo: Didn't scare you either, sis? :D

Oh, you've got that right.

Not an easy way out, then.

Intesresting look on things. Never thought of that angle.

I thought it was mentioned in the dialogues... but maybe it wasn't... anyway, it made sense to me as I wrote.

Yep, that sounds like Sarry alright.

You really want a guy like him on your side, don't you? :(

Heh, heh...

:)

Because Immy is so cute and lovable, that's why. :P Plus she's a good thief. :D

Yep, totally agree! :)

The (unofficial) final episode of the SoA part, including the final fight, is scheduled for Sunday evening. Stay tuned for the final decider and you can also place your bets – btw, William Hill have Irenicus at slightly better odds. :?:

Looking forward to it. :)

One battle coming up shortly!

Thanks for commenting! :)

#10 Guest_WC_Sumpton_*

Posted 14 December 2003 - 06:24 AM

Cheees... My conection goes down for a week, and you throw up four part... Before commenting on your latest one quick word about liaving Naila behind...

No!!

She has become so intwined with the group, and yet Theo treats her like a added reporter. Maybe he thinks he is doing the right thing... but what has Naila got to return to? I hope they see her again soon so that she can slap his face!! :?:

Hi, folks! I did a quick rewrite of some bits of the Sarevok part – and since I tried to change the conversation in order to make Sarevok more a real person, not just a plot device, perhaps this chapter has lost a bit of internal logic because of those changes. I’d appreciate if you would point out anything odd that occurs to you, as you read. Thanks in advance! :)

Btw, I’ve never written Sarry before and am pretty nervous about how he will come off. :) Oh, and Lotta – if you are checking this, you can read safely because Sarry somehow manages not to get killed here. :)

What this... I quick went back to see if I had missed anything... but hadn't...

But think of the fashion statement... :)

Ohh.. ganging up on Eddie again... But he only speeks his mind... Well maybe a little to often... ;)

Yep... Now I'm catching up... but Eddie is still catching the brunt of it!!

And Eddie said... :)

“Yes, well… maybe cowardice played a bit of a role there, too,” I admit quietly, so that only Jaheira can hear it, but she shakes her head dismissively in reaction to my statement.

Yep tell them like it is...

“Natural instincts of self-preservation and wisdom as Keldorn says, not cowardice, Theodur,” she notes in a voice that does not allow for any arguing, not that I would desire to.

Woman's got his ear!!

Now that was the story I was looking for... I'm curious about what happened, but no one is saying much... :)

Told you... The man just likes to speak his mind!! Maybe to often... :D

“Oh, stuff it, Eddie, I would have done the same for any of you… yes, even for you, red-robed buffoon,” I laugh at his dumbstruck face expression.

“I could not tell if you had been weakened by that sacrifice,” Jaheira turns to face me, “do you feel any different, weaker?”

“I suppose you’re right, Vic… let’s see what’s inside this one,” I say before rising to my feet.

I wonder if the weared thinks so... ;)

“So we meet again,” I know that deep bass, the distinct voice that addresses me, “How fitting that our reunion should be in this place of retribution.”

In harmony I hope... :P

“Yes, it is I. Or perhaps an echo… My essence joined that of our dead father after you murdered me, after all… but in the end, this is where all the Children of Bhaal end up,” Sarevok looks upon us as we come closer to surround him in a half circle, “So, you have four of them already. That was very quick… I see you have gathered an efficient army of fools. And no doubt, now you are looking for the fifth.”

Ahh... So the man can think for himself... Still the Naila thing puzzles me!!

Six?? Let me count... Jaheira, Imoen, Keldorn, Viconia, Theo... I count 5 weapons, and pair of hands!! :)

“What makes you think that you are in a position to place judgement on me, and what I do or do not deserve, Sarevok?” I snort, knowing that as powerful as he is, we have the advantage in numbers, “If you do not hand it over… we can simply take it from you with force.”

Everyone 'thinks' their in a position, Theo, haven't you figured that out yer!! Of course I'm sure Jaheira will straighten him out!!

“Yes, ‘had you spitted’, Sarevok,” I reply, gripping the hilt of my sword, “but you didn’t, did you? We killed you before… do you want us to do it again?”

“Ah, yes. Stoke that infernal wrath of yours. I can feel the anger within you, boiling like a pit of sulphur in the crevices of your heart. You feel it, do you not? The irresistible call of our dead father,” Sarevok speaks with a voice of superiority, “You have tasted the power, became the Slayer… but do you know how to use it? Show me, brother… summon your wrath for me… if you can.”

“You, imbecile! You were never worthy of the gifts offered to you!” Sarevok continues his ranting, “What galls me most was how indifferent you looked, even as those few stray arrows and the sword of that elven lackey of yours managed a few lucky slashes, preventing me from claiming the destiny THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MINE! I did see no wrath and no wish to avenge your stepfather, no wish to become the famed hero of Baldur’s Gate, nothing!”

Boiling but no boiling... I think the wrong one is getting mad here... :)

Instead, it is Jaheira, who charges at him enraged and Sarevok barely manages to deflect the blow of her scimitar, before quickly countering with a vicious swing and Jaheira quickly raises her shield to deflect it. At this very moment I forget everything about fair fight and jump in to help out Jaheira and Viconia follows me. Sarevok lands another blow, which leaves a huge dent in Jaheira’s shield and knocks her on the ground, and now we pounce upon my mad brother, Viconia crushing his kneecap with her mace and Sarevok staggers from the pain, I deliver a massive blow from above against his sword and knock it out of his hand, as his concentration has gone due to the broken knee. The next moment, a scimitar and a sword point are pressed against his unprotected neck, while Viconia is prepared to crush his other knee…

And Naila.... Oops...

That's one for the little sister!! :?:

And no one picked on Eddie through out the last part... Did he finally go quite.

Enjoyed thanks

#11 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 14 December 2003 - 09:56 AM

[quote]She has become so intwined with the group, and yet Theo treats her like a added reporter. Maybe he thinks he is doing the right thing... but what has Naila got to return to? I hope they see her again soon so that she can slap his face!! :)
[/quote]

Hehe... yet you will see that it was actually the right decision... not until a few episodes, though... :)

[quote]
[quote]“Well… that was… entertaining,” I remark as the six of us slowly slump down on the cold stone floor, having returned from our trip to one of those strange dark pits that surround this awkward plane. I look at Imoen as she retrieves four glimmering objects from her leather pouch and looks at them with interest… the so called Tears of Bhaal… and the demons, inhabiting the pits below hinted clearly that they are the key to our exit from this place, the key to unlock the strange gate and face whatever lies beyond it.[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
What this... I quick went back to see if I had missed anything... but hadn't...
[/quote]

Uh... remember those tests in the Abyssal plane? We're looking at them in recollection, in order to save a bit of time. :P

[quote]
[quote]“Hey, I’m not going to wear a cloak made from nymph skins, that is… simply revolting,” I snarl in response, “even I have my limits to which I will sink, and that was way below those limits.”[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
But think of the fashion statement... :)
[/quote]

well, I think that a ranger would not want to wear a nymph skin cloak...

[quote]
[quote]“Continue to make such suggestions, Edwin, and the same fate that befell that demon, might occur to you,” Jaheira snorts and Edwin winces, remembering what happened to the hapless demon just a few minutes ago.[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Ohh.. ganging up on Eddie again... But he only speeks his mind... Well maybe a little to often... :)
[/quote]

Eddie needs to be kept in line!

[quote]
[quote name="Theodur"][quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
“Well, this one’s easier, Eddie,” I laugh, “see, I don’t know how to fight with a one-handed weapon…”[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Yep... Now I'm catching up... but Eddie is still catching the brunt of it!!
[/quote]

He's also the one being insulting, though. :?:

[quote]
[quote]“Stop that, Eddie,” I say, feigning annoyance, “next you will accuse me of being a coward for choosing not to fight the dragon.”[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
And Eddie said... :)
[/quote]

...just that? :)

[quote]
[quote]“Yes, well… maybe cowardice played a bit of a role there, too,” I admit quietly, so that only Jaheira can hear it, but she shakes her head dismissively in reaction to my statement.[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Yep tell them like it is...
[/quote]

Well, fighting when you don't have to is kinda stupid, so...

[quote]
[quote]“Natural instincts of self-preservation and wisdom as Keldorn says, not cowardice, Theodur,” she notes in a voice that does not allow for any arguing, not that I would desire to. [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Woman's got his ear!!
[/quote]

;)

[quote]
[quote]“And if you plan to suggest that Theo should have left Viconia to die, instead of sacrificing a part of his strength, then I will kick you in the nuts, Eddie!” Imoen exclaims proudly. [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Now that was the story I was looking for... I'm curious about what happened, but no one is saying much... :)
[/quote]

It should be pretty clear as to which test this refers to... :)

[quote]
[quote]Slowly we descend down the long winding stairs to end up in a similar place as we have visited four times before, the only exception that we are not greeted by some smart-arsed demon upon our entrance. This room looks almost empty, save for one distinct figure, sitting on some sort of an outgrowth in the ground, his head bowed low and hands rest on the hilt of the sword he holds in front of him. As we step closer, I realize that I once knew a person who wore an armor, just as ridiculous as this, all covered in silly spikes.[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
I wonder if the weared thinks so... :)
[/quote]

Perhaps they should have asked him...

[quote]
[quote]“So we meet again,” I know that deep bass, the distinct voice that addresses me, “How fitting that our reunion should be in this place of retribution.”
[/quote]

[quote]
“Sarevok?” Imoen, Jaheira and I exclaim simultaneously.[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
In harmony I hope... :)
[/quote]

In perfect harmony, yep! :?:

[quote]
[quote]“No, I will not give it to you. You do not deserve it,” Sarevok grins evilly, ignoring that there are six fully armed people, brandishing their weapons in his general direction. [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Six?? Let me count... Jaheira, Imoen, Keldorn, Viconia, Theo... I count 5 weapons, and pair of hands!! :)
[/quote]

You missed that tiny dagger in Imoen's hand! :)

[quote]
[quote]“What makes you think that you are in a position to place judgement on me, and what I do or do not deserve, Sarevok?” I snort, knowing that as powerful as he is, we have the advantage in numbers, “If you do not hand it over… we can simply take it from you with force.”[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Everyone 'thinks' their in a position, Theo, haven't you figured that out yer!! Of course I'm sure Jaheira will straighten him out!!
[/quote]

Hehe...

[quote]
[quote]“You, imbecile! You were never worthy of the gifts offered to you!” Sarevok continues his ranting, “What galls me most was how indifferent you looked, even as those few stray arrows and the sword of that elven lackey of yours managed a few lucky slashes, preventing me from claiming the destiny THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MINE! I did see no wrath and no wish to avenge your stepfather, no wish to become the famed hero of Baldur’s Gate, nothing!”[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Boiling but no boiling... I think the wrong one is getting mad here... :D
[/quote]

Exactly! Poor Sarry, he had to make Theo to lose control, and he screwed up himself... ;)

[quote]
[quote]“Relax you guys, I have it!” Imoen emerges from behind Sarevok, holding last of the Tears in her hand, “you really should know better, Sarry… with such a masterful rogue around, you just have to make sure that your valuables are well hidden…” she chirps. [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
That's one for the little sister!! :)
[/quote]

Go, Immy! :)

[quote]
[quote]“Your threats are meaningless, phantom. If we are indeed to meet again, I promise that you will not survive the encounter… you can count on it, so I swear on Gorion’s memory,” Jaheira promises as we turn around and return to join our friends with all haste.[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
And no one picked on Eddie through out the last part... Did he finally go quite.
[/quote]

He ran out of insults... :)

[quote]
Enjoyed thanks[/quote]

Thanks for reading and commenting!

#12 Weyoun

Posted 16 December 2003 - 12:00 AM

Don't ask him that. :wink:

Laska : Oh, it's easy.

Vierna : Laska, you've been training with one-handed swords in each hand for years!

Laska : Sure... But after that, it's easy. :wink:

Aribeth : So, you're saying Theo should stay in hell for 10 years to train how to use one-handed weapons just to please Eddie?

Laska : Yeah...

Vierna : Laska excels in giving out useless advice.

Woohoo! :D

Tnt Viconia : I have a better idea. *starts setting up tiny-yet-suggestively-sized guilliotine.* :D

Ah, reunion!

Ouch... painful fight... Especially for a reader who manages to slam his kneecap into a stone step near his house on a semi-regular basis.

*giggle*

The (unofficial) final episode of the SoA part, including the final fight, is scheduled for Sunday evening. Stay tuned for the final decider and you can also place your bets – btw, William Hill have Irenicus at slightly better odds. :D

I'll have to read it tomorrow, I'm afraid, but I can't wait. I finally caught up, but then Knights of the Old republic started to dominate my life and, well, you know how that goes...

---Weyoun
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#13 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 16 December 2003 - 10:48 AM

Don't ask him that. :shock:

Aww, Eddie is not a Nymphkiller... :twisted:

Laska : Oh, it's easy.

Vierna : Laska, you've been training with one-handed swords in each hand for years!

Laska : Sure... But after that, it's easy. :wink:

Aribeth : So, you're saying Theo should stay in hell for 10 years to train how to use one-handed weapons just to please Eddie?

Laska : Yeah...

Vierna : Laska excels in giving out useless advice.

So I see... but Laska is not that far from the truth - I'll have Theo practice fighting with a one handed-sword. No dual-wielding though, that sounds dangerous. :wink:

Woohoo! :D

:twisted:

Tnt Viconia : I have a better idea. *starts setting up tiny-yet-suggestively-sized guilliotine.* :)

Edwin just fainted. :)

Ah, reunion!

Sweet, eh? :)

Ouch... painful fight... Especially for a reader who manages to slam his kneecap into a stone step near his house on a semi-regular basis.

Yeah... I always slam my knees against something too. :) Ouch...

*giggle*

:twisted:

The (unofficial) final episode of the SoA part, including the final fight, is scheduled for Sunday evening. Stay tuned for the final decider and you can also place your bets – btw, William Hill have Irenicus at slightly better odds. :twisted:

I'll have to read it tomorrow, I'm afraid, but I can't wait. I finally caught up, but then Knights of the Old republic started to dominate my life and, well, you know how that goes...

Oh, yeah... I know how it goes sometimes. I should get some new game for myself. A lot of people have come down with a bad case of KoTOR, I notice... :D

---Weyoun

Thanks for commenting! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com