The Attic Module Online

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_CHAw_*

Posted 27 September 2002 - 07:54 AM

Er... testing this thing out... anyway, The Attic module is currently being hosted online. I may or may not be paying attention to it. If I ignore you, don't take offense. I'm probably asleep or away. You can find it under Social games, titled The Attic. The password is Leo. Er... how do you post this thing?

#2 Leo

Posted 27 September 2002 - 05:27 PM

Er... testing this thing out... anyway, The Attic module is currently being hosted online. I may or may not be paying attention to it. If I ignore you, don't take offense. I'm probably asleep or away. You can find it under Social games, titled The Attic. The password is Leo. Er... how do you post this thing?

Hey, you did post it, it seems! So, I think, you did the right thing. :wink:

And the module looks good so far. I may have preferred that Spanish guitar music, though, as found in one of the Neverwinter inns. A good question to consider, though, is whether a single large room is better than a collection of smaller ones.

Leo

#3 Guest_CHAw_*

Posted 27 September 2002 - 05:34 PM

Hmmmm... haven't seen any new comments regarding preference of one large room vs. several medium sized ones, other than Strange_Girl saying that the smaller rooms were a little cozier. Happily taking suggestions. Though they may not be implemented for a few days, as I am leaving for the weekend.

And apologies to Hobbit, who I seem to have missed at least three times as he entered The Attic module. The first ones, I was asleep, and the last one, I was looking at the new messages here and at the current Attic. Sorry, Hobbit, but if you come again and I'm not alive, feel free to look around anyway. And, uh, if you're wondering why there aren't any doors, Tenebrous felt like practicing his spellcasting.

#4 Guest_CHAw_*

Posted 27 September 2002 - 06:00 PM

The Attic module is going to be taken off the internet within twenty minutes or so, so that I may begin implementing some of the suggestions given to me by Strange_Girl, Tenebrous, and Leo. Apologies to Hobbit McBobbit, who I seem to have missed several times while I was sleeping or otherwise occupied. Any suggestions are still welcome.

#5 Guest_Strange_Girl_*

Posted 29 September 2002 - 10:55 PM

Any suggestions are still welcome.

The only one I got (after looking at the other post above), is making the doors and anything else you'd like to keep in one piece, indestructable (but you may have done that already for all I know) :)

S_G

#6 Guest_CHAw_*

Posted 30 September 2002 - 01:12 AM

Strange. I didn't expect to put The Attic module up again until Wednesday. I guess it just shows what a pathetic excuse for a life I have that I've made most of the alterations I wanted to do so far. Still a few more complex ones, like scripting the dummies to scream, that I still have to do, but pretty much all of the simple stuff is out of the way.

Anyway, the module's up now. Barring any crashes, it should be up until sometime Monday. Still under social games as The Attic, and the password is still Leo.

If you come by and I'm not there, I apologize. I'm probably either out or asleep. But you're still welcome to look around, socialize with anybody (or anything) else who's around. And I'll gladly take any suggestions for the module, as well as any items to be placed in it (books, unique character items, etc.).

#7 Guest_Strange_Girl_*

Posted 30 September 2002 - 01:52 AM

Seems I can't find the module on the list. Had the same problem earlier today when it was up too (and yes I've tried several times). Don't know if it's something wrong on my end or....?

S_G

#8 Guest_Strange_Girl_*

Posted 30 September 2002 - 03:17 AM

Never mind, I found it :)

S_G

#9 Guest_CHAw_*

Posted 01 October 2002 - 05:40 AM

The game froze yet again, most likely due to the fact that I was attempting to do other things while on NWN multiplayer. Regardless, it's back up, so feel free to come on by. New features have been implemented, including a rest and relaxation area and a training/combat area thanks to Strange_Girl. Also, bedrooms area created. Sign up now to get your own room! :)

Apologies to Sion, who was online when the crash occured. At least the monsters are back. I still have to figure out a respawn script for them though. Maybe if I use a cycling encounter...

#10 Guest_CHAw_*

Posted 01 October 2002 - 05:42 PM

The Attic module is now offline again for more modifications and fixes. Suggestions are still welcome. Also, the bedrooms area has now been implemented. Sign up now to get your own room! ;D

Thanks to Strange_Girl and Tenebrous for their contributions, as well as CHuK,chSS'raGKH, Sandalwood, and Sion for their suggestions.

Apologies to Hobbit McBobbit for not being there. You always manage to go on when I'm asleep. Must be the time zone difference. Sorry.

Not sure when I'll put The Attic online again. Probably some time this week. Not sure though, since I'll be needing my computer for *gasp* actual work soon.

#11 Leo

Posted 02 October 2002 - 01:21 AM

The Attic module is now offline again for more modifications and fixes. Suggestions are still welcome. Also, the bedrooms area has now been implemented. Sign up now to get your own room! ;D

Thanks to Strange_Girl and Tenebrous for their contributions, as well as CHuK,chSS'raGKH, Sandalwood, and Sion for their suggestions.

Apologies to Hobbit McBobbit for not being there. You always manage to go on when I'm asleep. Must be the time zone difference. Sorry.

Not sure when I'll put The Attic online again. Probably some time this week. Not sure though, since I'll be needing my computer for *gasp* actual work soon.

Awesome job, CHAw! Love those goblins! :) And I hear there is more for me to see? Cool! :twisted:

Leo

#12 Guest_CHAw_*

Posted 02 October 2002 - 05:45 AM

Awesome job, CHAw! Love those goblins! :) And I hear there is more for me to see? Cool! :twisted:

Leo

Yep! Speaking of which, is there any kind of furniture you wanted in your bedroom?

#13 Leo

Posted 02 October 2002 - 06:32 AM

Yep! Speaking of which, is there any kind of furniture you wanted in your bedroom?

I have a bedroom? :) Too bad, I couldn't visit the Attic Online tonight. Maybe, tomorrow. :twisted:

Leo

#14 Guest_CHAw_*

Posted 03 October 2002 - 04:13 AM

As luck would have it, I did not need to use my computer for any work this week. As such, I have had some time to continue work upon the module. It is online now, and everybody is welcome to come and join. It is still under social games as The Attic, and the password is still Leo.

New features include a bedrooms area and improved Training Halls, as well a few other little cute surprises. Sign up now and choose your bedroom! Send me info and customize it! Also, if you have custom items you wish included in the module, send the files to me, or send the relevant data to CHuK'chSS'raGKH so that he can have the item(s) designed and sent to me. And remember, suggestions and contributions are more than welcome! And if anybody wants to take over the project from me... *looks around hopefully*

Note: I will be implementing a hak pak to the module shortly. I will be sending the hak file to Leo when it is ready. I will begin implementation of the file after he makes it available for download. If anyone has custom portraits or other content that they wish me to include in the hak pak, send me the relevant files so that I can include them in the hak.

#15 Guest_Tenebrous_*

Posted 03 October 2002 - 07:33 PM

CHAw, updated scripts and an updated conversation file are on the way. I cleaned up my code for the scripts, and fixed an error in the conversation file which could result in Cel blowing off your arm multiple times. Check your e-mail.

#16 Leo

Posted 03 October 2002 - 07:53 PM

CHAw, updated scripts and an updated conversation file are on the way. I cleaned up my code for the scripts, and fixed an error in the conversation file which could result in Cel blowing off your arm multiple times. Check your e-mail.

Yup, your bedroom is way cool. :)

Leo

#17 Guest_Tenebrous_*

Posted 04 October 2002 - 06:50 AM

Yup, your bedroom is way cool. :twisted:

Leo

Heh. If you're good or neutral, that is. Or if you enjoy violent limb removal :)

#18 Guest_CHAw_*

Posted 04 October 2002 - 06:58 AM

Yup, your bedroom is way cool. :roll:

Leo

Heh. If you're good or neutral, that is. Or if you enjoy violent limb removal :twisted:

Mmmm... violent limb removal... :)
Though it's harder to enjoy it when Cel kills you by the fourth shot, if not the second or even the first. I mean, respawning is fine and all, but it gets irritating.

Anyway, I received your e-mail. However, I will be unable to implement the files until I take The Attic offline again, so I don't know yet whether or not they work. I am going to presume that you have tested them. At least, until I have a chance to.

#19 Guest_Tenebrous_*

Posted 04 October 2002 - 07:23 AM

Mmmm... violent limb removal... :)
Though it's harder to enjoy it when Cel kills you by the fourth shot, if not the second or even the first. I mean, respawning is fine and all, but it gets irritating.

Anyway, I received your e-mail. However, I will be unable to implement the files until I take The Attic offline again, so I don't know yet whether or not they work. I am going to presume that you have tested them. At least, until I have a chance to.

Well, the point is that Cel is supposed to kill you a little bit for touching her the first time. At 20th level, even pure arcane spellcasters should be able to take it (assuming CON 14 and toughness feat), they have on average 116 hp and so survive the first shot but not the second. The toughest fighters have 250 or so hp at max. It's true that her third and fourth shots are guaranteed death, but what more do you expect from repeatedly touching a holy avenger which keeps warning you off?

Actually, I haven't tested them, but I'm fairly sure they'll work. I didn't test the original files, either, and their function was nearly perfect. Aurora scripting is really easy, actually.

#20 Guest_CHAw_*

Posted 04 October 2002 - 07:45 AM

ARGH!! The bloody thing crashed on me again! Ah well, considering I've had the thing running for over 24 hours...

Anyway, I'll probably put it back online tomorrow, hopefully with some new features and fixes implemented, e.g. the fixed Cel files Tenebrous sent me. Apologies to anyone who might have been in the module when it crashed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com