6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_The Blue Sorceress_*

Posted 06 December 2003 - 06:38 AM

Oh my God! Is that a new chapter?

Why yes, yes it is.

Worship me

-Blue

Chapter 12

The Revenge sailed back to Calimshan, and dropped anchor near Elliard’s home. The invisibility spells that protected this ship from detection were raised, and the enchanted rowboat was lowered off the starboard side so that Elliard could go ashore and gather the information necessary for the next raid. Yoshimo went with him, but Blackbeard stayed on board to as a crew-wrangler. Though the dwarf was interested in checking on Elliard’s underground gardens –which he had planned and planted when the place was built- he grudgingly agreed to stay at sea and keep the crew from doing, as he put it, ‘anything more stupid than usual.’

Yoshimo was glad to be going back ashore. Though he’d long since gotten what the sailors called his ‘sea legs,’ he still much preferred dry land to the ever-rocking deck of the Revenge.

Call me a ‘landlubber’ if you want, he thought, looking up at Orrim as the rowboat was lowered into the roiling surf, I don’t care.

Elliard piloted the rowboat back into its hidden sea-cave dock. The elf was silent, almost brooding, Yoshimo thought, though over what he didn’t know. The day before Elliard had gotten in contact with Daellin, and though he had not told Yoshimo any of the details of his conversation with his brother, Yoshimo suspected that something was wrong.

The girls were there waiting for them when the boat docked. The three of them enveloped Elliard in a hug, practically squeezing the life out of him, Yoshimo thought, if the expression on the elf’s face was an accurate indicator.

“You didn’t contact us,” Ivory said accusingly once she and the others had let Elliard go again. “We were worried sick!"

“I apologize,” Elliard said, “We were quite busy, and it slipped my mind.”

Ivory just looked at him, as if she couldn’t believe that he could be so absent-minded. “You could have been hurt,” she said in a plaintive tone.

“Nonsense!” Elliard insisted.

Yoshimo almost brought up the fact that he had almost drowned, but decided against it when he considered the reaction the girls would have made.

Ivory eyed him with the expression of a judge sizing up an accused criminal who she thought might be lying, but had no way to prove it, and said, “Well… all right. I forgive you.”

“Come upstairs, we were just about to have dinner. There’s enough time for Cook to make more for the two of you,” Fira said, linking her arm in Elliard’s, and tugging him gently toward the stairs.

“Well, considering that the only thing we have had to eat the past few weeks were ship’s rations, I don’t think you’ll have to ask me twice,” Elliard said.

They headed for the stairs, and Yoshimo suddenly thought to ask, “If you did not know we were coming, how did you know to meet us?”

“I was wondering that myself,” Elliard mused.

“My, my, when did you learn to speak so well, Yoshi?” Fira asked, ruffling his hair.

Yoshimo blushed a little. “Eh… I learned on the Revenge.”

“Daellin told us,” Ebony said, speaking up for the first time since Yoshimo and Elliard had arrived. “He’s upstairs right now. He said he had something urgent to speak to you about, and that you’d said that you would be arriving home tonight.”

“Oh,” said Elliard. “Well, we mustn’t keep him waiting, right?”

“Indeed,” Ebony agreed smoothly, “however I do have to wonder how you were able to remember to contact your dear brother and forgot the three of us.”

Elliard coughed, and Yoshimo smiled at the trap the girls had set for him. “Well,” the elf said, clearing his throat a little, “Er… well.”

“‘Well’ indeed, Elli darling,” Ivory said, sounding a tad smug. Sufficiently chastised, Elliard did not protest.

Daellin was waiting in the dining room when they arrived, a napkin tucked into his collar. He twirled a fork lazily in his fingers. “At last!” he exclaimed, “I’m starved, and I believe the servants were worried that dinner will get cold before they served it if you didn’t get here soon.” He stood up and gave Elliard a brief hug before sitting back down again.

“As much as I’d love to eat with all of you,” Elliard said, straightening his tunic –all the hugging had left it untidily wrinkled- “I think that Daellin and I should have our dinners in my office and discuss our business before it gets too late. I hope you don’t mind too much.”

It seemed like the girls did mind, because there expressions were ones of disappointment. They didn’t protest though, and while Daellin and Elliard hurried off to discuss their business, the girls and Yoshimo sat down around the dining table. Servants came promptly and served some sort of spicy chicken dish on a bed of wild rice. Ivory, Ebony and Fira picked listlessly at their food, obviously not interested in eating. Before long Fira excused herself, and Ivory followed soon after. That left Yoshimo alone with Ebony, which wasn’t something that he minded.

“I can hardly believe Elliard just went off with Daellin like that,” Ebony said, more to her food than to Yoshimo. “We hardly got the chance to say hello to him.”

“He was upset before,” Yoshimo said, trying to justify Elliard’s actions for her.

“So?” Ebony demanded, a little sulkily. “I’m upset now.”

Yoshimo shrugged and took a bite of his dinner. “I only wanted to explain.”

Ebony pushed her plate aside and leaned her chin on the table. “It’s just we were so worried about you two until Daellin told us that you were all right the day before yesterday, and even though you’re here now you probably won’t be staying for very long.”

“I am sure Elliard is sorry for worrying you.”

Ebony didn’t reply to that. “Daellin said you almost drowned,” she said after a long pause.

“Yes?”

“Did you?”

Yoshimo nodded.

Ebony said quietly, “You’re too nice to drown, you know. You need to be more careful.”

“That is what Elliard said.” Yoshimo gave her a lopsided grin, and she gave him a small smile in return. “But I did not drown. I am sure you can see that.”

Ebony’s smile grew. “Your Common really has gotten much better. It’s a bit stilted, but that’s much preferable to the constant stupid mistakes you were making before.”

Yoshimo said, “Thank you… I think.”

Ebony raised her head and looked at him sharply. “Was that a joke? Did you just make a joke? At my expense? You’ve been spending time with that rascal Blackbeard haven’t you?”

“Yes, yes, yes and yes.”

“Oo! Damn that dwarf. I hope his beard falls out!”

“Well…”

“Well what?”

“His beard has not fallen out... but it did get burned off.”

Ebony stared. “You must be kidding.”

Yoshimo shook his head. “I swear to you on my father’s grave that I tell you the truth.” It was a sort of ironic oath, considering that his father, as far as he knew, wasn’t dead, and anyway his father wasn’t one of those people upon who’s grave –even if he had been dead- an oath could be made is one wanted it to have some semblance of sincerity.

“How did that happen?”

Yoshimo shrugged. “It was on the slaver ship. I was below deck so I did not see what happened. Blackbeard says that it was a slaver mage that they had knocked out but not killed.”

Ebony’s dark eyes were wide with amusement. “He dropped a Fireball on them and Stumpy failed to get out of the way, eh?”

“That is what I am told.”

Ebony giggled. “He must look ridiculous.”

Yoshimo nodded, and the two of them went back to sitting in silence.

“I’ve got something to show you,” Ebony said after a while. “You can come back to my room and have some tea and take a look. If you want.”

“What is it?”

“A surprise,” Ebony said with an impish smile. “But it wouldn’t be a surprise if I told you.” More seriously she added, “Do you want to see?”

“Eh… yes,” Yoshimo said with a non-committal sort of shrug.

Ebony looked disappointed that he wasn’t more enthusiastic, but she covered it up admirably. “Come on then. I’ll have the servants bring some tea as soon as we get there.” She grabbed his hand and led him off.

Her room was more or less how he’d remembered it the time he’d seen it when Ebony and the other women had been spying on Elliard and Daellin with their magic, albeit a bit messier. There was a large something with a large piece of blue cloth over it in one of the far corners, just at the edge of the doorway into another part of her apartments.

“Why don’t you have a seat while we wait for our tea?” Ebony asked, gesturing to one of the chairs by the table. She sat down in the other chair and after a pause he joined her.

“Is that it?” he asked, nodding his head at the cloth-covered object in the corner.

Ebony smiled and nodded. “Just wait a little while longer and I’ll show it to you.”

“Why not now?”

“Because,” she replied.

Oh, well that’s a good answer, Yoshimo thought sarcastically.

The tea arrived a moment later, and Ebony poured him a cup before pouring one for herself and taking a delicate sip. “All right,” she said, “come and have a look.” She set her teacup down on the table and walked over to draw away the cloth. She stepped aside and asked, “What do you think.”

She’d painted him.

“It is good,” he said, taking a closer look. The likeness was remarkable, considering she hadn’t had him sitting there as a model. He remembered vaguely the moment she’d chosen to paint. He had been sitting near a window on the ground floor, looking out over the ocean as the sun rose on one of the first days he had been in Elliard’s home. He didn’t remember looking so… thoughtful, but then again, it was from Ebony’s perspective, not his own. “Very good,” he said.

“Do you like it?” She asked, her voice hopeful.

He nodded. “Why…?” he began.

“I… well, I was… thinking about you while you were gone and… well…” Yoshimo raised an eyebrow at her, waiting for her to continue. He’d never seen her at a loss for words before. It was sort of cute. “Well,” she repeated, “I just sort of felt like painting one day and when I looked… it was you.”

“I am flatter,” he said.

Ebony giggled, “flattered,” she corrected. “That’s your first mistake since you’ve been back. I was beginning to think you’d been replaced by a doppelganger.”

“Maybe I have,” he joked. “Whatever a 'dopergangle' is.”

She laughed again, and smiled at him so radiantly that he thought for a moment she would light up the room. “I missed you,” she said.

Yoshimo didn’t really have a reply for that, but it turned out that he didn’t need one. Ebony stepped close to him, so that her breasts brushed against his tunic. She looked up at him, her dark eyes asking him questions he didn’t think he had words to answer.

So instead he kissed her, and as fate would have it, that was the answer that she had been seeking.

#2 Guest_Helseth_*

Posted 08 December 2003 - 10:30 PM

Why yes, yes it is.

Worship me

-Blue

Yay! Slav'sja!

Yoshimo was glad to be going back ashore. Though he’d long since gotten what the sailors called his ‘sea legs,’ he still much preferred dry land to the ever-rocking deck of the Revenge.

Call me a ‘landlubber’ if you want, he thought, looking up at Orrim as the rowboat was lowered into the roiling surf, I don’t care.

Can't dance on a head of a pin on a rocking deck, can he? :)

Yoshimo almost brought up the fact that he had almost drowned, but decided against it when he considered the reaction the girls would have made.

Especially Ebony. :)

Ivory eyed him with the expression of a judge sizing up an accused criminal who she thought might be lying, but had no way to prove it, and said, “Well… all right. I forgive you.”

:twisted: That easily? The girls must really have hearts of gold...

Yoshimo blushed a little. “Eh… I learned on the Revenge.”

And quite advanced in his vocabulary... :shock:

Daellin was waiting in the dining room when they arrived, a napkin tucked into his collar. He twirled a fork lazily in his fingers. “At last!” he exclaimed, “I’m starved, and I believe the servants were worried that dinner will get cold before they served it if you didn’t get here soon.” He stood up and gave Elliard a brief hug before sitting back down again.

He doesn't seem so broken-hearted. Fira isn't through with him yet? :)

It seemed like the girls did mind, because there expressions were ones of disappointment. They didn’t protest though, and while Daellin and Elliard hurried off to discuss their business, the girls and Yoshimo sat down around the dining table. Servants came promptly and served some sort of spicy chicken dish on a bed of wild rice. Ivory, Ebony and Fira picked listlessly at their food, obviously not interested in eating. Before long Fira excused herself, and Ivory followed soon after. That left Yoshimo alone with Ebony, which wasn’t something that he minded.

:) Ivory and Fira seem not to be terribly interested in Yoshi. Their loss. He could tell some tales, too :)

Oh, and probably a typo: "their expressions".

Ebony said quietly, “You’re too nice to drown, you know. You need to be more careful.”

:) Aww...

Yoshimo shook his head. “I swear to you on my father’s grave that I tell you the truth.” It was a sort of ironic oath, considering that his father, as far as he knew, wasn’t dead, and anyway his father wasn’t one of those people upon who’s grave –even if he had been dead- an oath could be made is one wanted it to have some semblance of sincerity.

:) Hmm? Is it a bit of some other tale?

Ebony smiled and nodded. “Just wait a little while longer and I’ll show it to you.”

“Why not now?”

“Because,” she replied.

Oh, well that’s a good answer, Yoshimo thought sarcastically.

Come on, she has to tease a little! :)

Ebony giggled, “flattered,” she corrected. “That’s your first mistake since you’ve been back. I was beginning to think you’d been replaced by a doppelganger.”

Hmmm.... Do they have doppelgangers in Kozakura? Shapeshifters - yes, but doppelgangers?

So instead he kissed her, and as fate would have it, that was the answer that she had been seeking.

*dreamy* Awww...

Nice chapter. I waited for them to get together practically from their first bickerings... :)

Oh, just had a thought totally unconnected with them (I hope). IIRC Elliard waits for the slavers to come to him. But where should they come? He carefully protects his ship's identity, to avoid being a wanted man, so there's not much chance of them tracing him, is there? And his house seems short on defence systems, anyway. (Of course, 'seems' and 'is' are quite different things... :) )

#3 Guest_The Blue Sorceress_*

Posted 09 December 2003 - 01:45 AM

[quote][quote]Oh my God! Is that a new chapter?
[/quote]

[quote]
Why yes, yes it is.
[/quote]

[quote]
Worship me
[/quote][/quote]

[quote]
Yay! Slav'sja!
[/quote]

Oh yeah baby!

[quote]
Call me a ‘landlubber’ if you want, he thought, looking up at Orrim as the rowboat was lowered into the roiling surf, I don’t care.[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Can't dance on a head of a pin on a rocking deck, can he? :)
[/quote]

Well, he can, it just makes him a little seasick. :twisted:

[quote]
[quote]Yoshimo almost brought up the fact that he had almost drowned, but decided against it when he considered the reaction the girls would have made.[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Especially Ebony. :shock:
[/quote]

Oh yeah.

[quote]
[quote]Ivory eyed him with the expression of a judge sizing up an accused criminal who she thought might be lying, but had no way to prove it, and said, “Well… all right. I forgive you.”[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
:) That easily? The girls must really have hearts of gold...
[/quote]

No, they'll just pour honey in his bed later.

[quote]
[quote]Yoshimo blushed a little. “Eh… I learned on the Revenge.”[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
And quite advanced in his vocabulary... :)
[/quote]

Indeed. Smitty is a great teacher, when he stops cursing.

[quote]
[quote]Daellin was waiting in the dining room when they arrived, a napkin tucked into his collar. He twirled a fork lazily in his fingers. “At last!” he exclaimed, “I’m starved, and I believe the servants were worried that dinner will get cold before they served it if you didn’t get here soon.” He stood up and gave Elliard a brief hug before sitting back down again.[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
He doesn't seem so broken-hearted. Fira isn't through with him yet? :)
[/quote]

Maaaaaybe.... Muahahahahahahahahaha!

[quote]
[quote]It seemed like the girls did mind, because there expressions were ones of disappointment. They didn’t protest though, and while Daellin and Elliard hurried off to discuss their business, the girls and Yoshimo sat down around the dining table. Servants came promptly and served some sort of spicy chicken dish on a bed of wild rice. Ivory, Ebony and Fira picked listlessly at their food, obviously not interested in eating. Before long Fira excused herself, and Ivory followed soon after. That left Yoshimo alone with Ebony, which wasn’t something that he minded.[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
:) Ivory and Fira seem not to be terribly interested in Yoshi. Their loss. He could tell some tales, too :)
[/quote]

Well, he's too easy a target for Fira, who loves the excitement of the chase, and Ivory has her heart elsewhere. Plus they sort of think of his as a wee little boy, while Ebony, who is several years their junior, is much closer in age to him.

[quote]
Oh, and probably a typo: "their expressions".
[/quote]

d'oh! Thanks!

[quote]
[quote]Ebony said quietly, “You’re too nice to drown, you know. You need to be more careful.”[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
:) Aww...
[/quote]

Yeah, that's girl-speak for: I like you. Don't die and make me sad. Or else.

[quote]
[quote]Yoshimo shook his head. “I swear to you on my father’s grave that I tell you the truth.” It was a sort of ironic oath, considering that his father, as far as he knew, wasn’t dead, and anyway his father wasn’t one of those people upon who’s grave –even if he had been dead- an oath could be made is one wanted it to have some semblance of sincerity.[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
:? Hmm? Is it a bit of some other tale?
[/quote]

Sort of. More or less it just has to do with the fact that his father wasn't the nicest guy, even if he did adhere to a samurai's standards of honor.

[quote][quote]
“Because,” she replied.
[/quote]

[quote]
Oh, well that’s a good answer, Yoshimo thought sarcastically.[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]Come on, she has to tease a little! :) [/quote]

Mischievous isn't she?

[quote][quote]Ebony giggled, “flattered,” she corrected. “That’s your first mistake since you’ve been back. I was beginning to think you’d been replaced by a doppelganger.”
[/quote]

[quote]
“Maybe I have,” he joked. “Whatever a 'dopergangle' is.”[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]Hmmm.... Do they have doppelgangers in Kozakura? Shapeshifters - yes, but doppelgangers?[/quote]

I don't think so. They might, but they probably would know them by another name if they did.

[quote][quote]So instead he kissed her, and as fate would have it, that was the answer that she had been seeking.[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
*dreamy* Awww...
[/quote]

"Awww" indeed. I've had this incredibly mushy mood come over me lately. I blame it on the holiday season.

[quote] Nice chapter. I waited for them to get together practically from their first bickerings... :) [/quote]

Thanks! They are cute little teenagers aren't they?

[quote]Oh, just had a thought totally unconnected with them (I hope). IIRC Elliard waits for the slavers to come to him. But where should they come? He carefully protects his ship's identity, to avoid being a wanted man, so there's not much chance of them tracing him, is there? And his house seems short on defence systems, anyway. (Of course, 'seems' and 'is' are quite different things... :) )[/quote]

Well, he's hoping that they'll trace the ship but not him, if that makes any sense. His identity is being protected, but those of the rest of the crew aren't, since they have no vested interests in Calimshan. As far as anyone on the other side knows, it's Blackbeard in charge of the ship, or one of the others.

And as for the house, well, the secret dorrs that often baffle Yoshimo when he's trying to find his way around would be even more troublesome to the average Joe Muscles that would be storming the place.

Thanks for reading and commenting,
-Blue

#4 Guest_Oryx_*

Posted 09 December 2003 - 02:03 AM

:)

Why yes, yes it is.

Worship me

*falls prostrate on prayer mat* Auooooom.

-Blue

The Revenge sailed back to Calimshan, and dropped anchor near Elliard’s home. The invisibility spells that protected this ship from detection were raised, and the enchanted rowboat was lowered off the starboard side so that Elliard could go ashore and gather the information necessary for the next raid. Yoshimo went with him, but Blackbeard stayed on board to as a crew-wrangler. Though the dwarf was interested in checking on Elliard’s underground gardens –which he had planned and planted when the place was built- he grudgingly agreed to stay at sea and keep the crew from doing, as he put it, ‘anything more stupid than usual.’

LOL...

underground gardens...how...elf-dwarven...

dwelven?

arfen?

“Well, considering that the only thing we have had to eat the past few weeks were ship’s rations, I don’t think you’ll have to ask me twice,” Elliard said.

lol

“Indeed,” Ebony agreed smoothly, “however I do have to wonder how you were able to remember to contact your dear brother and forgot the three of us.”

Open mouth, insert foot.

*lights incense candles, turns to mood lighting*

“Yes, yes, yes and yes.”

LOL

heh

Ebony stared. “You must be kidding.”

heheh

nice backstory blurb though

“A surprise,” Ebony said with an impish smile. “But it wouldn’t be a surprise if I told you.” More seriously she added, “Do you want to see?”

painting of Yoshi?

or herself?

That's 'herself', not 'a painting of herself,' I mean.

She’d painted him.

:twisted:

“It is good,” he said, taking a closer look. The likeness was remarkable, considering she hadn’t had him sitting there as a model. He remembered vaguely the moment she’d chosen to paint. He had been sitting near a window on the ground floor, looking out over the ocean as the sun rose on one of the first days he had been in Elliard’s home. He didn’t remember looking so… thoughtful, but then again, it was from Ebony’s perspective, not his own. “Very good,” he said.

Cool! Yeah, it's neat the way she could do his face from memory (*cough* subtext *cough*), and chose a specific moment, and...made him look more flattering.

“I am flatter,” he said.

ROFL!

heh

She laughed again, and smiled at him so radiantly that he thought for a moment she would light up the room. “I missed you,” she said.

Yoshimo didn’t really have a reply for that, but it turned out that he didn’t need one. Ebony stepped close to him, so that her breasts brushed against his tunic. She looked up at him, her dark eyes asking him questions he didn’t think he had words to answer.

Oooh, nice!

Well I'm very happy for them! This was a great flirty scene I thought.

#5 Guest_The Blue Sorceress_*

Posted 09 December 2003 - 02:16 AM

:)

:shock:

Worship me

*basks in the glow of the worship*

Though the dwarf was interested in checking on Elliard’s underground gardens –which he had planned and planted when the place was built- he grudgingly agreed to stay at sea and keep the crew from doing, as he put it, ‘anything more stupid than usual.’

LOL...

underground gardens...how...elf-dwarven...

dwelven?

arfen?

You've got me. My friend Jack claims that if one were to cross an elf and a dwarf one would get a gnome, but that's just sort of silly, don't you think?

lol

Yay for hardtack.

Open mouth, insert foot.

Pointy-Ears walked right into that one, didn't he?

*puts on the mood music* (Caaaaan you feeeeeeel the looooove tonight?)

“Yes, yes, yes and yes.”

LOL

Saucy, isn't he?

heh

Somewhere, out on the Revenge Blackbeard sneezed.

heheh

nice backstory blurb though

*takes a bow*

painting of Yoshi?

Yes.

or herself?

Yes.

That's 'herself', not 'a painting of herself,' I mean.

Sort of both.

She’d painted him.

:twisted:

You know, I wish there was a blue smiley for me to use...

Cool! Yeah, it's neat the way she could do his face from memory (*cough* subtext *cough*), and chose a specific moment, and...made him look more flattering.

Well, they do say love is blind. I don't think she made him look thoughtful on purpose, it's just sort of how she remembered it.

“I am flatter,” he said.

ROFL!

Heehee! And he was doing so well too.

Oooh, nice!

*mushes*

Awww, thanks! :)

-Blue

#6 Guest_Oryx_*

Posted 12 December 2003 - 06:13 AM

*sacrifices goats and chickens*

You've got me. My friend Jack claims that if one were to cross an elf and a dwarf one would get a gnome, but that's just sort of silly, don't you think?

hmmmm. they are supposed to be both woody and earthy....but halflings look more like a cross, getting skinnier and pointy ears.

Although, as gnomes and hobbits are Small and the parents are both Mediums, the sizes don't make sense. It'd make more sense to get the dwarf by mixing the elf and the gnome.

Open mouth, insert foot.

Natch. Even slashy elves make guylike mistakes, I guess.

*puts on the mood music* (Caaaaan you feeeeeeel the looooove tonight?)

*taps on piano*

“Yes, yes, yes and yes.”

LOL

Saucy, isn't he?

he's good. He knows how to play up the 'foreign mannnn' thing.

She’d painted him.

:(

You know, I wish there was a blue smiley for me to use...

'Twoud be too cute! Blue indeed.

Well, they do say love is blind. I don't think she made him look thoughtful on purpose, it's just sort of how she remembered it.

Love is blind once you turn the mood lightning low enough.

Awww, thanks! :)

No, thank you!

-Blue

#7 Guest_The Blue Sorceress_*

Posted 12 December 2003 - 07:16 AM

*sacrifices goats and chickens*

*has chicken and goat soup* Yum

hmmmm. they are supposed to be both woody and earthy....but halflings look more like a cross, getting skinnier and pointy ears.

Although, as gnomes and hobbits are Small and the parents are both Mediums, the sizes don't make sense. It'd make more sense to get the dwarf by mixing the elf and the gnome.

Dwarves are actually considered Small, and Elves are veeeery tiny Mediums.

But I don't think he meant it mostly in the physical sense, but in the personality sense, since Gnomes and Dwarves both love rocks, but Gnomes, like Elves, love forests (see Legolas and Gimli and their tree/cave discussions for more, amusing details) and have an affinity for magic that Dwarves don't.

Natch. Even slashy elves make guylike mistakes, I guess.

Well, he does still have the proper equipment, you know, it's just he likes men. Actually, he'd settle for a lady, provided he was in love. Sadly, Maeiir was his One True Love (capitalized, no less!) and those sort of relationships don't happen twice, in his world view.

Saucy, isn't he?

he's good. He knows how to play up the 'foreign mannnn' thing.

He's got the sexy accent down pat, now all he has to do is learn how to use fancy language and he's all set to make the ladies weep.

Love is blind once you turn the mood lightning low enough.

I also attribute some of it to that fact the Yoshimo is one slick, charming fella, even as a gawky teen. He's got what to say and what not to say relatively in hand, and so the impression people get of him is that he is a polite, good natured, loyal, if somewhat mischievous guy, but they tend to miss the fact that that's all just the what he shows them, and under it all he's pragmatic, a wee bit cynical and deeply attached to his own hide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com