All That Glitters...52

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Tenebrous_*

Posted 27 November 2003 - 10:42 PM

Well, more conversation. Some Anomen, some Nalia.

Chapter Fifty-Two

They headed out on the way back to Athkatla early the next morning. It was a remarkably silent trip. On Anomen's part it was understandable, as the squire was still grappling with what Kal had told him the day before - and to his credit, it did bother him. Everyone could understand Nalia's silence as well, given her father's death only a few days before, and the knowledge that she would probably never return to her home. No one else, however, saw fit to speak, and the first half day passed quietly.

Around noontime the air grew hot and dry, the sun flaring around the scraps of cloud in the sky to beat down upon the fields of grass and trees. It was getting well into mid Kythorn, and Amn welcomed the embrace of summer earlier than the lands further north. While this was nothing like late Flamerule, during the height of Midsummer, it was still an unpleasant environment for travelling, at least at high noon. Kal called a halt at the first sighting of a grove of trees under which the party could rest. While the shade was sparse, it felt blessedly cool to the party, who had spent the whole morning walking out in the sun.

Not long after they'd settled down to rest, Nalia turned toward Kal. "Kal," she began hesitantly. "I...I wanted to ask you something."

"Sure...go ahead."

"Well, you...you mentioned something about your father. I...I didn't hear it clearly at the time, and I was...well, I was wondering if I could talk to you about it. Daddy always said that...that the best way to deal with things was to...to talk about them," Nalia said, choking back fresh tears.

"Your father was a very wise man," Viconia said quietly.

"As I said before," Kal said, "I know how you feel. You're taking it much better than I did, Nalia - I was a teary wreck for a week. Let me tell you about Gorion...." Kal told the familiar, but still painful story. Nalia hadn't heard anything about him before, so Kal went into some degree of detail that even stirred a few remembered tears in himself.

"...and, well, that was more or less it," Kal finished. "The first night afterward, in the Friendly Arm Inn, I couldn't stop crying. I got better, slowly - I had to, with all the assassins trying to track me down and kill me - but I didn't get around to leading anyone anywhere until the week afterward."

Nalia's eyes were teary, and she wiped her face with her sleeve again. "It's...it was the same for you, wasn't it?" she said, half to herself. "Your...your father died for you, and...and my father died because of...because of me! How...how do you live with the guilt?"

"It's not easy," Kal admitted. "I replayed that moment over and over in my mind during the next six months, and I kept wondering what would have happened if I had stayed. If I hadn't left Gorion behind to die. Sometimes I convinced myself I could have made a difference."

"You would have," Viconia said dryly. "You would have made sure that you both died that day instead of just Gorion." Despite her tone, her grip on his hand strengthened, as if to reassure herself that he was still there.

Kal smiled, warmly but somewhat sadly. "True enough." Then, turning back to Nalia. "It never really goes away. It helped a lot when I killed Sarevok. Oh, sure," he said, "as a paladin I'm all for justice, not vengeance, and I probably shouldn't have felt as happy as I did about dispatching Sarevok to the Abyss. But it helped...a lot more than it should have."

"Well, I'm not a paladin," Nalia said with just a bit of a snarl. "And I don't see anything wrong with vengeance, and by Mystra I'm going to get it."

Viconia smiled approvingly. "Admirable sentiment, but you face no small adversaries."

Nalia frowned. "You're right...I'm not ready to take them on...yet. But when I can...." Her voice trailed off, but the brief flare of blue light that surrounded her hands made her thoughts clear enough.

"Be careful, though," Kal said. "They want you, and in all likelihood your magical ability, for something, and the last thing you want to do is deliver yourself into their hands."

"I know," Nalia said. "The last thing Daddy wanted was for me to be safe, and I'm going to keep myself safe, too. No point in making you work harder." She sighed. "I guess it'll be the adventuring life for me, then. Just like my parents...although Daddy tried his best to keep me out of it."

"Why did he send you for magic training, then?" Viconia asked.

"Hmmm. You're right, there's a bit of a contradiction there, isn't it? But it was almost like he...he knew I'd need it. Like he knew what...what I was, even before I did. You know, I never thought about it that way, because I've always known to a certain degree what I could do, and I never thought that anyone else might see it some other way."

"Was your father skilled in the arts of wizardry?" Kal asked.

"No, oh, no. He was a warrior, skilled with the flail - I never understood why he didn't keep it assembled more often, actually. He always stored it in three pieces."

Kal detected another subject-jump in the offing and moved quickly to redirect it back. "Did he adventure around your age, as well?"

"Yes," Nalia said, then picked up on his line of thinking. "Oh, Daddy wasn't nobility at the time, so he didn't need to sneak out like I was doing. He was just any ordinary fighter, really, but he ended up in charge of the keep after he married my mother. Mother was a mage, like me, and I guess she did go adventuring around when she was as old as I was. Even younger, probably, because Aunty told me she wasn't that old when she died. I bet she sneaked out like I did. Anyway, while she was adventuring, she met up with Daddy's group - her group and Daddy's group, I mean. I was only told the story once, but I gathered that they were attacked and the few survivors went on to form another group. Besides that, Daddy never told me that much. I guess it was part of his bargain with Aunty that let me run around and play instead of having her guards pick me up and dump in my room again day after day." She smiled wistfully. "Daddy always made sure I grew up ‘just like any child deserves to' - even though Aunty had other ideas."

"Did...did you ever know much about your mother?" Viconia asked.

"Mother? No, she died when I was very young. I don't remember much about her. What I do remember is very little - I remember she had red hair and blue eyes, like me, but I don't remember what her face looked like. And I remember her singing to me and holding me - but not what she was singing or where." Nalia shrugged. "She caught ill shortly after my second birthday, Daddy told me. She did believe in the same things I do - giving money to the poor, and helping them - but I don't believe Aunty for a minute that she got the disease from the poor. For one thing, Daddy said that the priests couldn't cure it - and that means it wasn't natural. He always told me that it was just her time to go."

Nalia sighed. "So it was always Daddy and Aunty when I was growing up. Aunty was nice to me, sort of, because she said I was the last hope of the family or whatever. She tried to shape me into a ‘proper noble' - like her, I guess. I have Daddy to thank for the fact that it didn't happen. Part of his attitude rubbed off on me, too, which is probably why I think of Aunty the way I do. She's my aunt, but...she's so noble it hurts." She paused suddenly, in surprise, and something much like a smile touched her face. "You know, Daddy said that all the time. I've picked up a lot more of him than I thought I did."

Kal nodded. "I know just what you're talking about. Jaheira and Khalid used to talk all the time about how much I reminded them of Gorion in some ways. I never knew my mother either, so I guess Gorion's mannerisms rubbed off on me too, naturally."

"‘Tis hardly a natural progression," Anomen said, stepping in to the conversation. "My...my mother was lost to me at a very young age, as well...and I thank the gods every day that more of my father has not ‘rubbed off' as you put it, on me. Even to this day he is a lout and a drunkard. He tries his best to run our family into the ground, and he has been remarkably successful." Anomen's jaw tightened. "Though no one here is likely very fond of the Lady Delcia, I fear her assessment of our family name is common among the nobles of the city. We are looked down upon, cursed, reviled."

"Yes...I heard something like that," Kal said. "Though I didn't think it was quite so...bad." This is something I need to hear, and he won't go on if... Kal made a gesture behind his back, and Keldorn astutely picked up on it, suddenly finding that the other side of the shaded area was much more interesting.

"Worse," Anomen said grimly. "And all the fault of my father. I wish I could move away from the name of Delryn, but it follows me wherever I go. If not for the magic properties this shield carries," he said, gesturing toward it, "I would throw it into the deepest ditch I could find. The name of Delryn is, to me, bound up in the person of Lord Cor, my father, who cares little or nothing for me. The only reason I have the shield is that he was too drunk to demand it back. Not that he cared when he gave it to me originally. It supposedly has the power to deflect arrows magically, but the drunken fool refused to tell me the word to activate it. As if he almost wanted me to fail at warrior training."

"Loryndalar," Nalia said absently.

Anomen was beginning something else, but cut himself off. "What?"

"Loryndalar," Nalia repeated. There was a pause, then, "You wanted to know the word that makes your shield deflect arrows, right? It's ‘loryndalar'."

"How...?" Anomen began.

"It's as obvious as if it was written all over it," Nalia said. "Obvious to me," she hastily amended.

Anomen looked at the shield somewhat hesitantly. "Loryndalar," he whispered to it.

Immediately, a flash of purple light leapt forth from the shield, surrounding Anomen in a cylinder of pale violet.

"It doesn't exactly deflect arrows, really," Nalia said as Anomen stared at the magic in wonder. "It stops any kind of projectile that's not enchanted - that counts for arrows, bolts, and sling bullets, too."

"You have a most wondrous talent, milady," Anomen said.

"As I said before - tell me something I don't know," she said with another almost-smile.

"Very well," Anomen said with a bit of a smile himself. "The shield is not the only reason I do not abandon the Delryn name. My sister, Moira...she is likely the only thing of my family that I do miss. When we were young, we only had each other to run to for comfort from my father's drunken rages. I regret abandoning her to her fate, alone with Lord Cor...but there was...little I could do to change her mind. She stays with him, taking care of him, even through his drunken rages. I often think she must be blessed with the patience of Ilmater, to deal with one such as he. Or perhaps it is just I who am short of temper."

"You worry about her often," Kal said. It wasn't a question.

"Aye. That I do," Anomen said. "She still sends me letters at the Order, and from the last ones I received before we left, she was bearing up well. I think she was merely trying to ease my guilt, though. It cannot be easy for her, and I wish that I could take her away and send her somewhere where she would be happy."

"But you can't, because...?" Nalia said, picking up on his tone.

"Because she would never let me do it. Even if I had the money to do so, she would not leave. She feels devoted to the drunken fool. He is my father, but...some things I cannot forgive, and she evidently can." He sighed. "Yet another way in which she has picked up the best traits of our mother, I think. Or perhaps her caring streak is simply too good for Lord Cor, since she feels so compelled to take care of him. Since our mother died, I think she can hardly imagine doing anything else. I hope that old bastard does not treat her too harshly."

Anomen sighed again and shook his head. "I worry too much about her, I think. It is just...difficult not to."

Kal nodded. "Yes, it...is."

Anomen looked up at his tone. "Oh...yes, your sister has been taken by the Wizards. I am sorry. I apologize if I...."

Kal waved it off. "It's nothing. You're right, though. I do worry about Imoen, all the time. At least you know where your sister is."

"And at least she is not at the mercy of the Cowled Wizards," Anomen agreed. "I should be grateful that her situation is not worse."

The sound of horses' hooves made themselves heard along the path. A few minutes later, a number of riders thundered up to the trees, riding past, then suddenly slowing and turning back.

A noble fop dressed in a terribly clashing green-and-purple doublet rode to the front of the group. "Mucking about in the dirt with peasants, dear cousin?" he sneered.

"I am not your cousin, Quint," Nalia replied coldly.

"Not yet," Quint allowed. "But soon you will be, I'm sure. Isaea sent us, you know, just to find you and...take care of you. We thought you'd be at the keep, but since you're out here, why don't you ride back to the keep in our company?"

"I don't think so, Quint," Nalia snapped, obviously not in the mood for dealing with people like Quint.

"I must insist," Quint said with just a bit of an edge in his voice. Given his appearance and reedy voice, however, it was a rather dull edge.

"Insist all you like, but I'm not going with you."

"But Nalia," Quint said, clearly switching to a ‘persuasive' track, "you aren't safe out here. We can make sure you're safe at the keep."

"Sir," Keldorn growled, "This young lady is under the protection of the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart. You may leave."

"I am so sorry, Sir Knight," Quint said, not sounding anything like it, "but we have specific instructions from Isaea Roenall, and he is a Major of the Guard."

"All right, Quint, I'll...go. I just need to get one thing before I do," Nalia said, turning and quickly flashing a wink at Kal. She had a thinly-disguised evil grin on her face.

Just like Imoen sometimes had, Kal thought, memories of his sister once again coming to the surface.

"Whatever you need, Nalia," Kal said. She moved over to his pack and opened the scroll cases, as Kal expected. The last few days, she had been so occupied with administrative duties that she had not had time to prepare her spells. For a few minutes the only sounds were that of rustling parchment. Then, she took a scroll out triumphantly.

"This is a declaration my father wrote, Quint," she said.

"Oh? Let's hear it," Quint said, leaning forward. And she read the scroll.

Quint, being just a bit on the slow side, took a few seconds to realize she was chanting a spell, not reading a declaration. And by then it was too late, and his mind went absolutely blank as the spell took hold. All of his guards were similarly affected.

The scroll was named "forget". But it was going to do much more than that. Drawing on the power contained in the scroll, Nalia added a little twist of her own.

"You don't remember Isaea giving you any orders," Nalia said firmly. "And you don't remember meeting me, or remembering that you ever heard that anything's out of the ordinary at De'Arnise Hold. Now, Quint, you're going to go back to Athkatla, back to the Sea's Bounty, and you're going to drink all the beer you can buy. The rest of you, follow him."

Eyes still blank, Quint and the guards turned their horses around and set off at a gallop for Athkatla.

Everyone let out a breath. "A brilliant plan," Yoshimo congratulated her.

"Thanks," Nalia said. "I didn't know if it would work. But Quint and his guards have pretty weak wills."

"What would you have done had you not found the correct spell in the scroll cases, or if your spell had failed?" Viconia asked.

"I had a backup," Nalia said, revealing the scroll concealed up her left sleeve. Viconia smiled and stepped out of the way, letting everyone else see. None of them could read magic - but none needed to, to understand the meaning of the red fireball inscribed at the top of the scroll.

#2 Guest_argan_*

Posted 28 November 2003 - 02:06 PM

Nice chapter. Great work of portraying Nalia.

#3 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 28 November 2003 - 08:58 PM

Around noontime the air grew hot and dry, the sun flaring around the scraps of cloud in the sky to beat down upon the fields of grass and trees. It was getting well into mid Kythorn, and Amn welcomed the embrace of summer earlier than the lands further north. While this was nothing like late Flamerule, during the height of Midsummer, it was still an unpleasant environment for travelling, at least at high noon. Kal called a halt at the first sighting of a grove of trees under which the party could rest. While the shade was sparse, it felt blessedly cool to the party, who had spent the whole morning walking out in the sun.

Bet those wearing the heavy armor, were stewing already. :wink:

"...and, well, that was more or less it," Kal finished. "The first night afterward, in the Friendly Arm Inn, I couldn't stop crying. I got better, slowly - I had to, with all the assassins trying to track me down and kill me - but I didn't get around to leading anyone anywhere until the week afterward."

Well, there was a certain druid who always seemed happy to lead... :wink:

"It's not easy," Kal admitted. "I replayed that moment over and over in my mind during the next six months, and I kept wondering what would have happened if I had stayed. If I hadn't left Gorion behind to die. Sometimes I convinced myself I could have made a difference."

"You would have," Viconia said dryly. "You would have made sure that you both died that day instead of just Gorion." Despite her tone, her grip on his hand strengthened, as if to reassure herself that he was still there.

He'd be very dead, indeed... but somehow, knowing that isn't that great of a conciliation. Nalia's situation is a bit worse, and I think she could be feeling more guilty... the fact that she had to waste time tin order to procure help in saving the keep, will not help.

"Well, I'm not a paladin," Nalia said with just a bit of a snarl. "And I don't see anything wrong with vengeance, and by Mystra I'm going to get it."

I'll be cheering her on... and it will be interesting if you choose to elaborate more on Nalia's snide attitude towards paladins - did she not have a quite picky banter with Keldorn about it?

"No, oh, no. He was a warrior, skilled with the flail - I never understood why he didn't keep it assembled more often, actually. He always stored it in three pieces."

Err, maybe because he was fearing the Rakshasa's?

"Mother? No, she died when I was very young. I don't remember much about her. What I do remember is very little - I remember she had red hair and blue eyes, like me, but I don't remember what her face looked like. And I remember her singing to me and holding me - but not what she was singing or where." Nalia shrugged. "She caught ill shortly after my second birthday, Daddy told me. She did believe in the same things I do - giving money to the poor, and helping them - but I don't believe Aunty for a minute that she got the disease from the poor. For one thing, Daddy said that the priests couldn't cure it - and that means it wasn't natural. He always told me that it was just her time to go."

That does sound very suspicious. Is there a dark secret, that we will learn of, eventually?

"‘Tis hardly a natural progression," Anomen said, stepping in to the conversation. "My...my mother was lost to me at a very young age, as well...and I thank the gods every day that more of my father has not ‘rubbed off' as you put it, on me. Even to this day he is a lout and a drunkard. He tries his best to run our family into the ground, and he has been remarkably successful." Anomen's jaw tightened. "Though no one here is likely very fond of the Lady Delcia, I fear her assessment of our family name is common among the nobles of the city. We are looked down upon, cursed, reviled."

I liked how you get Anomen opening up about these more personal thing - tying him in the conversation with Nalia was a nice move and felt very... err, right? (Uh, sorry - that means I had a good gut feeling about it :wink:)

"Loryndalar," Nalia repeated. There was a pause, then, "You wanted to know the word that makes your shield deflect arrows, right? It's ‘loryndalar'."

"How...?" Anomen began.

"It's as obvious as if it was written all over it," Nalia said. "Obvious to me," she hastily amended.

Oh, yes. Really obvious. Gee, thanks, I feel really stupid not seeing something so obvious...

"It doesn't exactly deflect arrows, really," Nalia said as Anomen stared at the magic in wonder. "It stops any kind of projectile that's not enchanted - that counts for arrows, bolts, and sling bullets, too."

It does sound good on paper (screen)...

Anomen looked up at his tone. "Oh...yes, your sister has been taken by the Wizards. I am sorry. I apologize if I...."

Kal waved it off. "It's nothing. You're right, though. I do worry about Imoen, all the time. At least you know where your sister is."

"And at least she is not at the mercy of the Cowled Wizards," Anomen agreed. "I should be grateful that her situation is not worse."

Oh, but it is. Her situation is much worse than Imoen's and Immy's is really awful... :P

"I am so sorry, Sir Knight," Quint said, not sounding anything like it, "but we have specific instructions from Isaea Roenall, and he is a Major of the Guard."

"All right, Quint, I'll...go. I just need to get one thing before I do," Nalia said, turning and quickly flashing a wink at Kal. She had a thinly-disguised evil grin on her face.

Say goodnight, Quinn.

"You don't remember Isaea giving you any orders," Nalia said firmly. "And you don't remember meeting me, or remembering that you ever heard that anything's out of the ordinary at De'Arnise Hold. Now, Quint, you're going to go back to Athkatla, back to the Sea's Bounty, and you're going to drink all the beer you can buy. The rest of you, follow him."

Eyes still blank, Quint and the guards turned their horses around and set off at a gallop for Athkatla.

Hmm, I think Quinn and the lads are going to enjoy the evening. But probably not the next morning... :wink:

#4 Guest_Tenebrous_*

Posted 29 November 2003 - 02:01 AM

Nice chapter. Great work of portraying Nalia.

Thank you. I put a lot of time and effort into Nalia's plot and character, and I'm glad to see it's being so well received.

#5 Guest_Tenebrous_*

Posted 29 November 2003 - 02:10 AM

Well, there was a certain druid who always seemed happy to lead... :wink:

And she definitely was doing the leading, at least for a while.

He'd be very dead, indeed... but somehow, knowing that isn't that great of a conciliation. Nalia's situation is a bit worse, and I think she could be feeling more guilty... the fact that she had to waste time tin order to procure help in saving the keep, will not help.

Yes, she certainly does feel very guilty about that, even though she really could not have done any better. It happens often when someone dies.

I'll be cheering her on... and it will be interesting if you choose to elaborate more on Nalia's snide attitude towards paladins - did she not have a quite picky banter with Keldorn about it?

She does have a banter with Keldorn about it. She's not snide about paladins per se - after all, a couple have just helped her destroy the force inside her home - but she *is* CG and I do intend to write her personality along those general lines. She sees significantly less value in following the law than does Kal, for example, and they may talk about that some.

Err, maybe because he was fearing the Rakshasa's?

Ahem. Rakshasas are not the only thing connected with it. But that is all I will say.

That does sound very suspicious. Is there a dark secret, that we will learn of, eventually?

There are hordes of dark secrets, and I've hinted at plenty already. This is one of them.

I liked how you get Anomen opening up about these more personal thing - tying him in the conversation with Nalia was a nice move and felt very... err, right? (Uh, sorry - that means I had a good gut feeling about it :wink:)

Sure. Thanks :wink:

Oh, yes. Really obvious. Gee, thanks, I feel really stupid not seeing something so obvious...

Yeah, she's like that sometimes.

Oh, but it is. Her situation is much worse than Imoen's and Immy's is really awful... :P

You don't know half of it. Let's say that following the game plot at this point wouldn't be altogether that accurate.

#6 Laufey

Posted 30 November 2003 - 08:40 AM

:twisted:

Vic is certainly right.

Kal smiled, warmly but somewhat sadly. "True enough." Then, turning back to Nalia. "It never really goes away. It helped a lot when I killed Sarevok. Oh, sure," he said, "as a paladin I'm all for justice, not vengeance, and I probably shouldn't have felt as happy as I did about dispatching Sarevok to the Abyss. But it helped...a lot more than it should have."

Well, paladin he may be, but he's also human. Under the circumstances I think it was natural to feel a desire for vengeance.

Hm...wonder what that disease was. I sense a plot twist. :twisted:

"Worse," Anomen said grimly. "And all the fault of my father. I wish I could move away from the name of Delryn, but it follows me wherever I go. If not for the magic properties this shield carries," he said, gesturing toward it, "I would throw it into the deepest ditch I could find. The name of Delryn is, to me, bound up in the person of Lord Cor, my father, who cares little or nothing for me. The only reason I have the shield is that he was too drunk to demand it back. Not that he cared when he gave it to me originally. It supposedly has the power to deflect arrows magically, but the drunken fool refused to tell me the word to activate it. As if he almost wanted me to fail at warrior training."

"Loryndalar," Nalia said absently.

Oh, neat twist, having Nalia activate Ano's shield!

"Because she would never let me do it. Even if I had the money to do so, she would not leave. She feels devoted to the drunken fool. He is my father, but...some things I cannot forgive, and she evidently can." He sighed. "Yet another way in which she has picked up the best traits of our mother, I think. Or perhaps her caring streak is simply too good for Lord Cor, since she feels so compelled to take care of him. Since our mother died, I think she can hardly imagine doing anything else. I hope that old bastard does not treat her too harshly."

Poor Moira. :twisted: She's one of the people in the game that I feel the most sorry for.

"What would you have done had you not found the correct spell in the scroll cases, or if your spell had failed?" Viconia asked.

"I had a backup," Nalia said, revealing the scroll concealed up her left sleeve. Viconia smiled and stepped out of the way, letting everyone else see. None of them could read magic - but none needed to, to understand the meaning of the red fireball inscribed at the top of the scroll.

Neat! :twisted: I'm really enjoying your Nalia.
Rogues do it from behind.

#7 Guest_Tenebrous_*

Posted 30 November 2003 - 10:19 PM

Well, paladin he may be, but he's also human. Under the circumstances I think it was natural to feel a desire for vengeance.

Oh yes, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing. Thankfully, however, unlike many who succumb to pure revenge, Kal will get another chance with Sarevok.

Hm...wonder what that disease was. I sense a plot twist. :(

It's not as central as you might think...then again, it is quite important.

Neat! :lol: I'm really enjoying your Nalia.

Why, thank you :D

#8 Guest_Joe_*

Posted 03 December 2003 - 09:29 AM

My memory may be playing tricks on me, but I seem to recall Kal reflecting that killing Sarevok didn't help at all. This was many chapters ago, I think.

Mother? No, she died when I was very young.

That's a pretty subtle Easter Egg. But I'm fanboy enough to spot it. Or else it's just a coincidence, in which case pointing it out is pretyy sad.

I like fight scenes, yes I do. In general and yours in particular, but oftentimes nothing beats good ol' fashioned sneaky conflict resolution.

#9 Guest_Tenebrous_*

Posted 03 December 2003 - 10:05 PM

My memory may be playing tricks on me, but I seem to recall Kal reflecting that killing Sarevok didn't help at all. This was many chapters ago, I think.

In an early chapter, Kal reflects on what an empty thing vengeance is to live for, the point of that musing being that one should have some other goal besides taking revenge. He didn't say it didn't make him feel better.

That's a pretty subtle Easter Egg. But I'm fanboy enough to spot it. Or else it's just a coincidence, in which case pointing it out is pretyy sad.

It is not coincidence, though it may not be related to what you think it's being related to.

I like fight scenes, yes I do. In general and yours in particular, but oftentimes nothing beats good ol' fashioned sneaky conflict resolution.

Well, let's just say I'm not in the habit of choking people with fight scenes. After the De'Arnise Hold, I think fighting's going to take a backseat for a little while.

#10 Weyoun

Posted 03 December 2003 - 11:00 PM

Sure, more conversation, but pretty good conversations. I liked them a lot!

---Weyoun
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#11 Guest_Tenebrous_*

Posted 08 December 2003 - 10:28 PM

Sure, more conversation, but pretty good conversations. I liked them a lot!

---Weyoun

Thanks! As long as they're still interesting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com